HELP Soldering my batterys

yes i buy them with the tab, i choose this way because i dont have the machine Spot welding, just regular…

Please do not ride this, it’s not safe. You could burn your house down

Use fish paper between packs, between balance wires and cells, isolate the soldered leads, add more níquel between cells, use fish paper rings on positive terminals.

3 Likes

If you want to go with those nickel strips without getting a spot welder, I would suggest getting these (or similar)

It would add a lot of safety to your battery build. And finally, never forget :fish::page_facing_up:!

1 Like

what is this, i have BMS

You lay this on top of your batteries and connect to them the nickel strips. Safe and clean way to make a parallel pack

1 Like

Bms is great. This is for connecting cells in parallel.

Check this post and you’ll get the idea

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/3037

Or this thread

1 Like

like X Like this:

IMG_0338

BTW your solder lead must be 63/37 not 60/40

1 Like

I think with it you want to ask about what @TowerCrisis suggested. The question still is, you spotweldet the nickel strips by your own or ordered them from nkon with that strips? If you have a spoweder than you could make a pack without soldering. I guess you don’t have so in this case please take the time and look through the links which @Sebike shared. That concept should work for you also easily. In fact it’s an easy thing. Get fishpaper Get fishpaper rings for the + terminals Add the rings to the positive terminal Add the fishpaper on one side of your pack Solder the nickel strips you already have on a copper bar or layer of nickel and bend it over the edges so that it lays on the fishpaper your added before( make that on both sides)…well done one p pack is done…make all p packs like this than connect them and add your balance leads. To get a nice finish, put you packs in heat shrink or cover the open parts with electric tape…better more isolation than less☝️ If you install the pack, try somehow to fix it with velcron or neoprene. The less vibration the better for your batteries and the longer your solder joint will last.

1 Like

What’s the advantage of it? Also didn’t knew before

So to make the parallel i’m doing like you say i put solder in both side, and next i warm up, both and between at the same time and with a tweezers, i compress, so for so good :smiley:

Thank you guys for all help !! IMG_0339

It looks like a shite cold solder joint. What iron do you have?

Oh lord, no… I don’t believe anyone said you should do that. Stop doing what you’re doing, put the battery building aside, and do some more battery build reading and then plan and read and ask, and THEN build. Or I won’t be getting any sleep tonight :grimacing::scream::sweat_smile:

5 Likes

i think is shite because when i compress with tweezers, the soldering go out, but in the interior is glued

go up and you see the iron i have

The question is, is it a cheap Chinese 20watt iron or a good quality 60-100watt? We can’t see on your pictures

Who said you should do like that?

my iron

The flux is SW32 1mm metal:Sh60 i buy in a shoop, it was 9 euros

im not pro english but when i read, i thing was for doing this XD

If this really is your first time soldering, a diy battery pack is probably the worst first project you could have chosen.

Please secure your battery, put it in a safe place, and do some more research/soldering practice before you try again. Right now you are literally playing with fire. Every picture is giving me anxiety.

4 Likes