*Help* New builder and much needed advice on parts!

This inclusion in your list is a very clear example that you my friend need to do a hell of a lot more reading. Its all here just use the search and do your research. Welcome to the forum and good luck with the studying.

5 Likes

Thank you! Hahaha

Acually, If I’m being honest I know a basis of what a VESC is, Its the brain of the board and controls everything and speed or what not I just dont know the difference between VESC,ESC, and FOCBOX

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/search

Its all here. Every difference every nuance with every type of motor controller that is currently being sold today and how best to utilise them.

4 Likes

Thank you! Cheers!

1 Like

It’s alot to take in

1 Like
1 Like

the fuck are you gonna do with 18s? fly to the moon? or are you gonna do 9s2p? ??? i have alot of questions

5 Likes

You need one anti spark

@ethanfields just fyi, standard builds are 10s and 12s because VESC are rated for 60V max . 12s puts it at 50.4V at full charge. some of use do 13s at 54.6v but when you break, voltage can spike over 4-5V. default overvoltage protection is at 57V, so if you hit 57 it cutoff.

I have hit 58v personally by raising that limit but that’s me. me take risk for POWAAAR . As a beginner, I suggest you go with 10s or 12s.

2 Likes

I would highly recommend 10S (42.0V max, 37V nominal) and definitely not more and probably not less. This means you either need an even number of “5S” lipos or you need a multiple of 5 quantity of “2S” lipo.

If you want 12S instead (I personally don’t recommend this) then you need multiples of 4 times “3S” or multiples of 3 times “4S” or even numbers of “6S”

Also you don’t want to mix and match them. Get them all at the same time from the same place, and all the same kind.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, why don’t you recommend 12s? Or are you just not recommending 12s for a first time builder?

I don’t recommend it on any ESC that uses a DRV83xx series part, like all the VESC4 and VESC6 motor controllers.

Im just trying to get alot of range. Like alot 30+ miles

How much do you weigh? 30+ miles on flat or with hills? You definitely want 10S at about 25Ah+ then

I weigh 145 and 30+ on flat :slight_smile:

Then you can get that with 15Ah at 10S

Okay sweet! And do you think the massive motors I chose for the build will shred alot of the battery life?

I’ve never heard of Hobbysky 6374 but as long as you stay 100kv to 190kv you should be okay.

You get what you pay for, so don’t buy cheap motors, because you will get cheap motors.

Absolutley… High capacity 1500W 36V 30AH Lithium battery 36V 10S scooter battery Use 3.7V 5.0AH 26650 cells With 50A BMS 42V 3A charger Hows is this?