Help me upgrade my board's drivetrain

Don’t let the tread wear fool you. These wheels have a little over 300km on them. I shaved them on my lathe since everyone was raving about how much better they were shaved. Waste of time in my case since I can only tell the difference on ultra smooth roads. The handle is this https://eskating.eu/product/ruk-handle-for-electric-skateboards/ and it makes carrying the board a lot easier.

3 Likes

the image on the link looks diff from whats on your deck for some reason or maybe its just the perspective :thinking:

looks nice though! did you mount it as described on the enclosure bolts? I’d prefer to reduce the amount of bolts but don’t know if a few bolts can support the weight on a heavy deck. I assume I’d be getting about the same weight as well. did you have all 4 bolts through it?

It’s the same handle.

20180917_163335

It was mounted by Alberto at eskating. I had to modify it a little bit though as the bolts tore through the plastic. I opened new holes at a location where they also went through the fabric. So far it has been holding ok. If you do get I suggest you do the same thing from the start to avoid any problems.

3 Likes

thanks! I’ll give it some more though. very cleanly mounted as well!

So it seems like you guys have done your job at making me poorer.:smirk: Surfrodz + mounts + @psychotiller sixshooters it is.

2 Likes

I doub’t you’d regret it. Eager to know what you think of them as well! I want to pick up a set of his hubs but I’m too poor at the moment :laughing:

Order for Surfrodz trucks with mounts + SixShooters placed. Now I need @psychotiller to contact me for a couple extra items I will need (belts, pulleys etc). @Wraith I am sure I will love them. Ever since I tried pneumatics I can’t help but noticing every crack and rough surface I go over with my board. I also hope that they will help with the longevity of my board considering they will greatly reduce vibrations. @fottaz has done a fine job with my build and everything is tight but there are surfaces like cobblestones that will eventually start taking their toll on my board.

Finally if I don’t like them I can sell them to you for what I paid +10% :sunglasses: . Of course in 3 equal 0% interest installements.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You drive a hard bargain but I might just bite :laughing:

Im out of like at the moment. Waiting for the counter to finish so pardon if Im unable to stamp a like there lol

I just paid @Psychotiller and will probably ask him to receive most of the things I want to see put onto the build so more business for him. Plus I want to support his merch so I’ll start with getting his hat :sunglasses:

Also its said in hushed tones that the hat imparts special secret powers. I’ll let you know once I order one and wear it

2 Likes

Noice!! I’m gonna keep pushing people to SR trucks and @psychotiller mounts. I got my second set of his mounts yesterday but for TKP trucks this time.

3 Likes

@taz do @Wraith and I a favor and be sure to tell him we talked you into this, maybe he’ll be slightly less annoyed with us. Lol

2 Likes

Yes please do. I feel like he may be close to just ignoring me already lol

1 Like

For the amount of money these things cost he’d better throw one in with my order and it’d better make me a John Holmes in bed.

Tell me about it. Putting in the order and paying for it was my way of trying to get his attention. :roll_eyes: I guess we are all his bitches by now.

2 Likes

I know he’s actually been pretty busy lately so don’t worry if it takes a few days to get back to you

1 Like

Yeah he’s responding less and no doubt with him helping out with the carvons it’s completely understandable I’m surprised he was even able to reply on top of working on his own in Shop orders :laughing:

1 Like

Totally worth it to me. I actually bought a hat before ordering my trucks or mounts lol. I really like his press fit mounts. No more messing with clamps. Much easier to get true and keep mounts lined up. Keep in mind you’re going from $30-$60 cast trucks to $150-$200 precision trucks. It’s a big upgrade.

1 Like

It was a tongue in cheek comment. I am fully aware how much it costs to manufacture parts like that.

1 Like

I figured, hard to tell in text sometimes tho

1 Like

Not so bad when you compare them to ronins or liquid :sweat_smile: Now I appreciate them for being reasonably priced precision trucks

1 Like

Are you just trying to figure out what size belts you need?

Not really. That info is all on his site. I want to use a 16T motor pulley with a 60T wheel pulley. This should require a 350mm belt. I want to use 15mm wide transmission but all that is available on the site is 12mm. Also I need to know what colors are in stock for the trucks etc. Small details like that.

1 Like