Hellhound >> LHB Phat Matson, SR TKP's, x2 FB's, 12s3p, 107mm FW's

I don’t typically post build threads anymore, as most of my builds are rebuilds or build for friends/people (that I won’t be riding) so it kinda feels like cheating. But this one is different. I bought this deck from @longhairedboy just over a year ago. I messed around and didn’t get an enclosure when he offered and then he ran out when I decided I did want one, and it just kept getting put on the back burner. I tried to build it 3 times with Carvon TD’s and other combos of hardware and either had issue or wasn’t happy with the result.

Fast forward to this weekend. The wife and daughter were out of town, my son had school stuff going on and I had to work saturday so couldn’t go anywhere. What do you do? Build a frikkin board of course :slight_smile:. On to the obligatory build p0rn…

The pics are crap, but its been raining all weekend, so I couldn’t get outside to get any until today and I was short on time. I’ll post more when I finish everything up.

This deck is such a perfect middle of the road kind of thing between a full size longboard and spud. Its plenty portable at 34 inches and still has a ton of real estate, and the deep W concave is luxurious. Now if the rain would go away so I could get a chance to ride it, my wife is getting a little pissed about all the heel side slides I’m doing in the den :metal:.

I bought the enclosure from @Chase in May 2018 (I think) and its literally been staring at me for months telepathically saying…

“WTF Dude? Here I am sitting doing nothing, an epic CF enclosure made the Master @MasterCho himself. Get off your ass and build something with me you punk!”

So I did :slight_smile:.

I still have a little work to do, ran out of 1in heat shrink and the enclosure bolts are too long. I’ve ordered both, should be here by the end of the week. I also want to replace the rear X-Brace. I drilled it out for a light but didn’t like it after it was done so pulled it out. Also need 15mm belts, running 12’s atm as its all I had.

Edit: for those that want to know I’m running the following current limits per FocBox…

This is the esk8 data for the build, I use a 88% efficiency rating as it typically ends up being very close to real world results.

This is the build sheet, but keep in mind the majority of the gear listed here is either from another build, I traded for it, or I previously broke it and its now repaired. I actually took zero money out of my pocket to build this. The build sheet is just what it WOULD cost if you bought everything.

28 Likes

Nice and clean build… I love it :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, I like it too. The deck is epic. I wish I could get a couple more from LHB. I might put 15/16t motor pulleys on it because its so damned fast :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Going to Dave the front of this one? Looks like a good spot for it.

Super clean

2 Likes

Thats the voltmeter housing Ive been using lately because I don’t have to cut the deck. But yeah, the DaVeGa will definately be on this one.

1 Like

Great clean build. Why neon green loop key holder?

1 Like

Lol I like the 120a batt max on the 12s3p. I think the battery will like it too :wink:

Seriously though very nice looking build

1 Like

To match the wheel cores I was gonna do the voltmeter housing in green to but my printer was acting up this weekend.

3 Likes

Beautiful build

2 Likes

Thank you sir. I appreciate the enclosure :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Super clean build I love it. Imo that’s the nicest LHB deck yet.

1 Like

I appreciate it. I’m thinking of doing some creative battery engineering like you did, see if I can fit a 12s4p or maybe even a 5p in there.

2 Likes

That build is dope af :call_me_hand:t5:

1 Like

That would be awesome. The deck has enough space but does the enclosure?

thank you sir, not as elaborate or cool as your venom build but I like it too :).

That’s the thing, I can easily fit 12s4p if I lay the cells side by side. But I can maybe make a 12s5p if I stagger the cells at 1.5 height instead of 1 or 2 high. I’m gonna have to play with it and see if I can make work without using a million little pieces of nickel :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Hey mike so am I looking at this right.? Your running 60a battery Max per vesc? Are you using a charge only bms?

no, its charge and discharge. essentially all that means is that batter will output all the BMS will allow. I could lower it to 30 per vesc and it prolly wouldnt matter, but this is just how I’ve always done it.

1 Like

Ahhh ok I didn’t know that was possible … I’ve always thought I had to put the exact amp that’s the bms allowed… lol learned something new :call_me_hand:t5:

naw, the BMS is actually pretty dumb but this is the pack I had available and I wanted to ride it before I decided what kind of pack to build. I will likely swap it out with a 12s4p and charge only BMS before it’s over.