HAYA HB92 Integrated Deck

hey guys! finally managed to get myself some money to buy two Surf Rodz RKP 200mm with 60mm axles and 45° baseplates. That was tough I and finally forgot going directly via Surf Rodz. I went as most of the time with my friends at Sickboards. Colorwise… we went a bit on the wild seduction side. Pink & Gold. Yes I know.

For the wheels I’ll put some 85mm blue Otang Caguamas.

I’ll put some Epoxy 2K Matte on the deck to protect.

For the setup, well. I may be heading towards a dual rear UNiK setup 6355 ; 15/32T on 12S4P? That should be decent.

For the mount, I’ll modify one of my UNiK dual core and get a new pattern for the Surf Rodz.

Of course, I’ll go for a build thread !

12 Likes

V0.1 Slight modifications, mainly to make the production easier. Nose curves are a bit more pronounced

Would anyone also be interested in a raw option? (would be cheaper of course)

• naked deck with final sanding
  • inserts, lid, bolts and foam separately (all needed to finish a deck, except wood finishing)
20 Likes

Nice. I’m boarding the hype train.

The raw option is interesting. How much cheaper would you predict?

around 30 percent, but for now its a gross estimation

1 Like

@psychotiller how much would you hate me if i changed my request from the Anubis deck to this one :grinning:

tumblr_n1bkedbJx11tqbrbro1_500

1 Like

3 Likes

So Interested. I actually like raw finish a lot more. But raw finish is very prone to dirt and stain. It there anyway to get around having raw but not get dirty?

Is it possible to get a clear cover / lid?

A light Polyurethane coating?

Hmm… :thinking: how does that affect the finishing on the raw wood?

Not much it’s like clear coat

the actual poly-matte coating is quite similar to the finished wood.

1 Like

Was that what was on it already? I’m definitely down for raw HAYA with “RAW” engraved at the bottom

All 1st batch decks have 4 coats of matte bi component polyurethane.

1 Like

Hmm. Then I guess the raw deck is only good for the cheaper price then. If that’s the case, still interested and will be giving it my own magical touch.

1 Like

this is a builders forum, @monkey32 and @okp already have made some modifications to the exterior of the deck, so its just logical that many others also want to play around with finishing. Painting, diferent varnish colors, epoxy etc.

3 Likes

Will it still have the Chrome HAYA at the Bottom?also do I miss @okp and @monkey32’s pictures what did they do?

Not posted yet, but they‘ll do it on their respective built threads I guess.

I think the raw one would be without logo, or maybe optional if it can be printed over non-treated wood. Although the main objective of that deck option is to minimize the finishing work (witch takes surprisingly a lot and its done mainly by my father in his off time)

2 Likes

understandable. would be interested in a hot iron branding tho :wink: simple and quick. image

3 Likes

tried some non matte varnish…needs a few sandings and coats yet…will ost final results

1 Like