HAYA HB92 Integrated Deck

If everything works out they’ll go to NYC. That would be 3 boards that don’t have to be reshiped.

2 Likes

Sorry USA guys I made a mistake yesterday :disappointed:. I misinterpreted the shipping conditions (because of the poor explanation of the comparison-site…). Pricing for 14 boards is way higher than expected.

We’ll prob. stick to individual shipping after all. Easyer at the end. We will keep searching for the cheapest/best value option (this also applies to the rest of the shipments).

2 Likes

Depends when you get them …I could maybe ferry like 10 or so…I go back for Xmas and summer. Im in Madrid.

4 Likes

Probably they will be finished by the end of the month. I don’t want to cause any troubles to anyone.

Nevertheless thanks for helping out :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think $35-45 for a large deck well packed from Europe seems about what I expected. Assuming that’s through a reliable shipping company? USPS here is my mortal enemy.

telegram-cloud-file-4-446640843-242496--536357971402381439 (This is directly out of the CNC. They still will have a more pronounced chamfer in front and sides that has to be sanded out)

Today we’ll also test-fit the first prototype laser cut lid. If it fits making 30 more should be quick.

Gaskets are on its way, as well as the M4-Stainless-Steel (Black) Torx bolts for the lid.

Maybe we can be finished around the 20th (I hope)

19 Likes

Wtf so quick…

1 Like

They apparently did one extra with smaller veneers that has a inperfect nose. It could be “refurbished” with a 3D printed TPU bumper that fits.

I’ll also share 2 bumper designs on Thingiverse that fit the decks shape.

2 Likes

telegram-cloud-file-4-446719904-352135-3777514790817073334

7 Likes

This thread should be stickied as an example of how to run a new product development/group buy

10 Likes

Great job!

1 Like

Agreed! This has been really well ran so far. @bevilacqua

Danm… if I knew it was going to be so quick I would’ve jumped on.

You could still get on the list, maybe you get a spot. 30+1 inperfect one 31

@bevilacqua do you think necessary/useful to protect the beech wood with some varnish? I read that the good mechanical properties of this type of wood tend to deteriorate exposed to weathering. Correct me if I’m wrong

Its going to be coated of course. Varnish and poly coating. Finished its a bit whiter

The pics are straight out of the cnc/pressing

4 Likes

Although i haven’t been able to jump forward with this, i wanted to thank you for being very transparent and active with this process. Im sure those who are awaiting the board or those like me who are just super interested appreciate it very much!

2 Likes

Whats wrong with the defective deck exactly? I didn’t quite understand

I exactly don’t know either. The veneers used where shorter that the normal ones so the ends (ab 1-3cm) maybe are a tiny bit delaminated.

That imperfection could be cut off and completed with an integrated TPU bumper.

3 Likes

Ok if you insist I’ll take it for whatever shipping costs before you throw it in the trash :wink:

Edit: I also have to agree with some of the comments further up: this looks like a prime example of how a “group buy” should be done. Hats off to you!

5 Likes