Has anyone tried using one of these esc's from ebay before?

Here is a picture of the on off button that came when the esc. It has 2 wires. The plug has 4 wires and my led button has 5 pins. I am confused. Sorry if my question is kinda childish. I am not good at electric stuffs.

electric stuffs.

1 Like

No problem it’s better to ask so next time you will know yourself. What you need to do first is check the voltage of all the wires on the esc. It should have 4 wires. The first two should read 5v the others should say nothing. Now the positive and negative wires on the plug connect to the two outside pins on the switch. The other two wires need to be connected to the C1 pin and N0 pin. I hope that makes sense

I just saw the other switch you have, just connect the red and black wire from the plug to the positive and negative on the switch. Then cut off the yellow wires from the old switch and connect them to the C1 and NO1 pins

I made many attempts to connect the led switch to the esc but without any luck. I connected red and black wires and the led lighted up. Than I connected the 2 yellow wires but could not get the esc to turn off. I even try to connect the 2 yellow wires in different combinations but still ESC would not turn off. I will try to get a led on off button with 4 pins and see if that will help. Maybe my led switch is broken.

Hmm it seems that way unless the switch has some sort of different connection than others

Fond this on eBay where I purchased the switch from.

Is this a push button switch or a latching one? In the first diagram that is what happened to you I think when it wouldn’t turn off. The second one is the one I think you need. @mmaner I think you did something like this one how is it supposed to be connected

I did it this way…

@Namasaki did it this way…

I havent used the second method, but its logical that it is superior in that no voltage is being delivered to the switch. That being said, the initial method works.

Hmm yes I said the first way would work for @Wilsonliang777 but it didn’t seem to work. I don’t really understand how the first works but maybe he could try that too

Edit: I understand yours now, it actually makes more sense because otherwise the switch would always be turned on

I don’t know. When I connected both legs of the switch it didn’t operate. When I connected 1 let, and not the other it did. No clue but it seems to continue to work and the worst that can happen is the step-down convertor craps out so I have changed it. If I put a SPDT LED switch on mine I will use the second method.

Oh that wierd. Electronics work in mysterious ways sometimes🤔

1 Like

Okay. Tonight I will try connecting the switch the “mmaner” way. Thank you guys.

I also found out that the max speed is very slow. I think the banggood ESC is the hub motor version. I will try to increase the motor pulluy from 15t to 20t and wheel pully to 40 making it 2:1.

If it doesn’t work you could always try sending it back and buying one from @dickyho on eBay

No. The manner wiring did not work also. I really think my led switch is broken. I placed an order for a 4 pin led switch and will try it again when it gets here. Right now. The led switch is not that important. It just looks cool with it. Onto gearing so it could go faster. 20/40 gear seems to work well. Will test the speed with my phone gps once it stop raining.

No. I will keep this ESC. I will buy a single drive esc from for dickyho once i am done tinkering with this dual drive skateboard. Dickyho has the led and also the redisgned remote.

If you think the switch is broken connect a multimeter to the n1 and NO1 pins and set it to the ohms setting. If the switch works when you press the button the meter should read somewhere around 10ohms or less if it doesn’t read anything then it is most likely broken

My led switch is a latching switch. And the one that came with the u ESC is not. Maybe that’s the problem?

Yes maybe that I very wierd that it isn’t latching, that would mean the esc must take a pulse to turn on and off instead of a steady voltage

Does anyone know if it can be reprogrammed or if the hub version can be switched to the outboard version?

No, you can’t.