Has anyone tried using one of these esc's from ebay before?

Had one shipped to me, hooked it up today…felt promising…then the brakes… at around 12 mph they work good…after that at higher speeds they slam on…tried it on 6s…at 18 mph no matter how light you pull back on the remote the brakes slam on…wish they would fix this cause it’s an awesome deal.

I just sprung for one last night, 10s dual hub (still need to find the motors, its like trying to buy a unicorn) so looking forward to my next build with this!

any updates?

im looking for a new ESC’s for my E-Mountainboard. if these work they are a steal!

My board specs:

Single Tacon Big Foot motor: 245kV 2700W max output. battery: 12s but can drop it to 10S Gear Ratio: 5:1 Wheel size: 208mm

This was originally geared for a 6s setup but now that i went to 12s im getting a top speed of 55mph!!!

Will my setup draw too much current and blow the ESC?

afaik the tacon bigfoot is only 245kv.

We found that this esc does work. It actually is still working. But it heats up to a point of concern. And for reasons unknown it will only go 19mph.

I’ve seen a video when a guy uses it and he says its good

sorry typo, you are right it is 245kV; I will fix that.

to solve heating i can always put a heatsink and a fan. the 19mph max speed is lame. Im assuming your board is geared to go faster then that?

is there a way to calculate an estimate current draw for MTB? I am afraid i will draw more current then it can handle at 30A.

We had it set up on pneumatics. Geared for 25mph which is what we expected, but it wouldn’t do it. @mccloed did note that it would do the 19mph anywhere though. It didn’t care about deep grass or rough terrain. The issue was always just how hot it ran. Don’t think you can configure anything other than the input voltage.

I actually still have a brand new dual esc/remote in a box! I’m going to use it to build my 9year old son an ATB.

could it be the firmware isn’t letting the esc draw more current because of overheating?

How is the braking and start up? does it cog?

LOL! for a kid it would be perfect! you probably don’t wont him to go any faster then 19mph!

1 Like

No cogging. Brakes are fine as well

This is the same esc used in the meepo board and lots of other Chinese boards. I have two of them. They work as they are intended. They have a max 50 amps and 30A continues or something like that draw at 10s or 36v. There are people who have been using it at 12s but that wold be stretching it a bit. I think they are programmed to work with 90mm hub motors with a top speed of 22mph. 35kmh. That could explain the low speed you are getting. Remote works OK but it does noe have the strongest signal so try to keep the space between remote and esc unobstructed. I have lost connection once when I did put my hand in the pocket.

2 Likes

@psychotiller ok thanks. I assume if i raise my gear ratio it will help with cogging as well but that is more cash to be spent. I think I will give it a shot. BTW did you try it with sensored motors?

@Fatos when you loose connection while riding how does the board react?

1 Like

@Bshady3 I was riding slightly uphill almost flat and realised the the speed was falling. But right after I took my hand with the remote of the pocket it did connect right away and I did continue with the ride without a problem. Than a testet some more to make sure that that was the case. I have been thinking to solder a longer wire at the antenna but never got time for that.

kk thanks. sounds safeish :slight_smile:

yes, sensored motors.

These ESC’s and MTB here is made by DIYeboard.com. If you have any questions ask them. I think Jason posts here as well.

that ebay seller is DIYeboard.com?

The eBay seller is different that’s dickyho

Diyeboard is the factory. Lots of sellers buy from them and retail all over the place. Diyeboard is where the esc is made and the firmwares programmed and baked. The factory started to retail directly with the website diyeboard a fe months ago.

kk. The shipping form the factory will be $28 so its cheaper to get it from the eBay seller.

Thread on this here