Has anyone tried using one of these esc's from ebay before?

I have used this esc before, and it works great for me. I used it on my first, hevily budgeted build. I am pretty sure it is the same esc as on the meepo board.

Hello, I also think about buying this esc. I am currently using an 80kv 70mm hubmotor and i want to get about 30kmh out of it and on calc.esk8.it it states that the motor can reach that speed with 10s.

So my plan was to use the non-hubmotor esc (because it has no speed limit) with my current hubmotor and a 10s battery. Would that setup work or would i get problems because i am not using the hubmotor esc?

Why should the hubmotor esc not reach 30kmh? Meepo board has the same hubmotor esc and can go like 35kmh. If you go for the brushless motor esc the throttle will be very sensitive. I should just stay with the hubmotor esc, Iā€™m sure you will get a max speed around 35kmh.

I heard that the hubmotor esc is limited to 20kmh

buy the new version from @dickyho, it has 3 speed levels. 20kph is level 1 or 2.

Okay i didnā€™t know that, thanks :slight_smile:

Go for this one: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F302538835504 When you pay the order, donā€™t forget to mention the voltage 6S/7S or 10S in the message area.

Thatā€™s the one I have and the acceleration and brakes are pretty awful. Honestly if we could figure out a way to make the ramp on the throttle/brakes adjustable this wouldnā€™t be a bad controller.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve talked to the seller and apparently the escs can be programmed, itā€™s just that they are programmed at the factory and once they leave the factory you canā€™t change the programming.

If a seller figured out how to order these where you could either change the programming, or just ship them with an acceptable brake and throttle curve, itā€™d be a good esc for budget builds

1 Like

Are the acceleration and brake curves just too hard or whats wrong with them? @mmaner

Itā€™s very linier, brakes and acceleration should be progressive

Iā€™m waiting on belts. When they arrive, Iā€™ll test the single drive and Iā€™ll send a video

I have the Banggood one for hubs if you canā€™t wait on shipping

No thanks, iā€™m going to buy it on ebay

1 Like

Did you do the Banggood combo with the $00 hubs and $60 dual hub esc?

Huh? Hubs for free I missed that!

Ha, sorry, $100 hubs.

Hi, Iā€™m glad I found this forum! I recently purchased the dual hub motor ESC and a set of hub motors from Bang Good (see pic). Problem is, the sensor wires from the hub motors are only terminated. They do not have a connector on them so I have no idea what wire goes where! Bang Good is no help with any kind of instructions. Has anyone figured this out yet?? It would be much appreciated! My poor kid is ready to just start trying things - but I have fried too many Lipos to know better!

Dont connect sensor wires it works just fine

Agreed, no need for sensor wires