Has Anyone Seen What Acton Is Teasing on Their Website?

i wonder why they are stalling. Maybe they’re still developing, making sure it wont fall apart. They all sell little motors and people are going to expect to go up mountains from the videos they show. If people do the claimed wattage and angles advertised maybe the motor will get too hot and then the rubber will soften and come off.

They just posted an AMA thread on the r/electricskateboarding subreddit, incase anyone want to get specific answers

1 Like

Hey guys! It’s the team from ACTON here, we’re so excited to see your guys’ responses on our new boards. As Cloud_Gnash mentioned, we are doing an AMA on the /r/electricskateboarding subreddit in case you have any pressing questions. We love to hear your guys’ voices!

2 Likes

That’s cool to see companies consider the community, I hope you’ll stay connected with us to keep improving. Communication with the consumers is key for success in esk8!

Of course! We are always looking for feedback and ways to improve. Thanks for the shoutout!

1 Like

i get the impression from the forum you linked that the stuff you sell is rebranded stuff from alibaba. No? e-wheelin or some brand. the i3 and i4

the s2 looks like an exact version of the iwonder dual hubs with different colors. ($300) rebranded to $500?

On reddit they claim they’ve developed all by their own and do no rebrands… at least the deck and the lights are different. But they’re using same electronics, so you can expect e-wheelin-quality (more or less)

The dude on reddit said the motor casing is the same as ewheelin because they had to send the molds to China and everyone copied it from there. But the motors inside are completely unique. According o him. Honestly, watching the evolution of the blink board, the improvements they made with the 2nd gen, I think these new boards are gonna be pretty well put together. And the service/support seems better than boosted. Also the companion app is legit. I think as for as entry level low cost pre builts, this is way better than the chinese clones or that genesis the just started shipping. My guess is that acton will be mainstream like boosted in no time. They’ll be the ford and Chevy of esk8s.

Oh good, then toyota, honda, and nissan (TOP 3) are still open to claim, while your ford and chevys are broken down and bankrupt. :joy:

Yeah that sounds about right. Lol. Doesn’t mean they won’t make a shit ton of money in the mean time. Haha.

I like these. nice looking. cheap. I dont want to put them down but putting it in perspective I wont even sell single hub motors because they’re too weak and that’s all these people are selling. If youre not expecting speed or power these might fit the bill.

6.5 or 5 miles range is their claim but the 72 watt hours it has wont do that (but all the companies hugely exaggerate so no surprise) 15mph max on the regular blink and 10 on the lite version. Wonder how legit this is given companies claims are exaggerated on this too in my experience. The grade of hill they claim it can climb I’d have to see to believe.

There are a few reviews on YouTube of the 2nd gen blinkboard with a hub motor. Seems like most people are confirming the speed and range. Also, according to the acton guys, they improved the battery and the ESC in this new blink s. Sounds like it’s a slight improvement ver the blinkboard and its $150 cheaper. I cant imagine finding a board like this for any cheaper. It’s more like a toy than a vehicle, but for someone on a really tight budget for time and money, this seems like a decent idea.

seems like an awesome deal. haven’t read a bad review yet which is rare for a hub motor board.

and more cheap hub motors: https://ridegenesis.com/collections/electric-skateboards

Oh man. I don’t know about those Genesis boards. They barely started shipping like a week ago and it’s not looking to good in my opinion. They claim some bonkers stuff on their website, like 20 mile range and they’re only getting like 5 out of them. Plus I bunch of problems like once the battery gets down to half, it loses I lot of power. And. If you hit I large enough bumb, the board turns off. And the remote can lose connected while ridding, so you lose your brakes. I’d go with something else in my opinion.

All I keep thinking is how expensive it will be to fix anything… everything is proprietary

I’m not sure about the range, but I can confirm the top speed on the last-gen Blink (Hub version).

As for their current product, it was cheap, and based on what I heard about their first belt-driven model, I had very low expectations. To my surprise, it’s been working out quite well (pushing around 230+lbs) and I use it almost daily. The hubs and trucks look identical to the e-Wheelin/Paradox board and even their remote looks identical (with the internal switch and everything). I suppose who designed it doesn’t matter as much to me, as long as it works.

Maybe I got lucky, but I was impressed enough to order the S2 and the Qu4tro. In the worst case, I’ll have many good rides, something will break, and I’ll build something fun out of the remaining parts. Speaking of which, they’ve recently announced that the S2 gets 2 miles more range than expected (total of 14miles).

The reviews on reddit seem to say that they have drastically lower range, with a decline in top speeds between 6-8 miles (https://www.reddit.com/r/ElectricSkateboarding/comments/59w3m8/genesis_hellfire_10_day_40_mile_review/). I wouldn’t trust the board.

That being said, I was reluctantly impressed with the Stinger model. The board may be awful, but it seems to hold up well enough in a skateboard (unless they kept feeding Josh Katz a replacement board every 10 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWAQRqG3IPM).

You’re not alone @itsmikeholland I practice slow speeds when I’m around any traffic. There are too many unknown variables in city settings, for my comfort level, to exceed 20MPH. I’m cool at 15MPH, I still get there on time.

So i bought the indiegogo Blink S for $369 and i just got it a week ago. The board is quality legit. I’m super happy with it. It fulfills every spec that it states. Top speed, range, hill climb, charging time, water resistance. It seems really well made. I’d say it looks better quality then a boosted. I think acton really polished their boards and that’s why they had to virtually rebrand them all together. This is a hug step up from the OG Blink. I’m curious to see how the S2 and Quatro turn out.