Harkonnen - TB motor/mount/ecs - zippy lipo - caliber 10" 44 - random deck

Oh man i always hear of it but never seen someones lipos exploding while theyre riding it. Thats why im looking into switching to LiFePO soon

didnt explode on a ride, at the shacks well i was charging them.

why dont you just file away some of the arch on the truck so the adapter fits better. or file a notch in the adapter to fit into the arch. thats what i would do.

Im in the process of a new build and im using 10 in caliber trucks. with 2 of DIY’s mounts and as you can see im gonna have ample room for 2 9mm belts. but if i was in your situation i would just take 5 minutes and file some aluminum away

i just flipped the adapter. its the 1cm cuff of aluminum that causes the problem and in all of TB’s pics of the mount the cuff goes on the inside but fits on the outside.

and im using bigger belts then you 15mm to your 9mm.

oh yea that adapter is kinda annoying. its not exactly reversible i dont think. it works both ways but it works better when theyre facing the way that they are in my pic because the gaps in the adapter halves dont line up when you flip it the other way.

Seems like you got it all figured anyway. looks really good so far

trimming the esc today and the motor… really hope it still works.

Need to go shorter

Motor leads still to long and @torqueboards I’m sorry for molesting your 120A baby but it had to be done…

sand is bad m’kay.

My board isn’t ready yet so I just kicked it around… yeah there’s a lot of sand on the roads.

I hear ya, snowed for a couple days and they threw the sand out everywhere, now the snow is gone but the sand is still left. I’m not quite confident enough to ride on sandy roads, so gotta wait for them to clean it up :stuck_out_tongue:

so ima just say this build is over, harkonnen is being pushed back to a test platform.

new build in the summer when i have 2 weeks straight to work.

@psychotiller You totally deserve a cookie The House Harkonnen is from Dune Or the band named after them curious what delta’s after

1 Like

harkonnen is from duke but the first place i heard it was hellsing

Well no cookies :disappointed: But those are bad ass cannons!:smiling_imp:

Mind if I ask what motors those are? If they’re the ones I’m waiting on from one of our supplier friends here I’m even more anxious to get them as that setup looks killer! I ordered two 6355 245’s. My only concern is that my wheels (Spectra Bombers) are dished on both sides and thus I lose a certain amount of hangar length. Got my fingers crossed that with the motors almost touching each other they will allow me enough room. Anyone know of a way to extend the axle on Caliber II’s? I got my wheel pulleys yesterday. 50 tooth XL’s 5mm pitch 11mm width dual flange. So 9 mm belts I figure. Not sure what belt length yet as I haven’t selected the motor pulleys. Am waiting for the motors to arrive as I’m not even sure what the shaft diameter is. Looking at 14 tooth XL. Is there a calculator for belt length. I have Phychotiller’s earlier version mounts with only a few millimeters of adjustment. Hopefully a standard length belt will be available.

TB’s 6355 230kv motors

I believe those are the same ones I ordered delta. What is the shaft diameter? Is there a keyway or flat spot? Not sure what gear type to order. Took my board to a skate shop last week and had the owner push ride it to tell me if the setup was decent. He said he liked the way it felt even without having smooth wheels but said with the studs moving his foot around on the deck was challenging but for my intended use thought they would be beneficial.

8mm shaft

two flat spots and a keyway

product/electric-skateboard-motor-6355-230kv-2650w/