Hardware Compression Cell Holders (Published Link on #268)

Ended up Googling it too :neutral_face:

That just hurt my brain @Winfly

Made them even smaller.15370649359737498355044489350220

9 Likes

Dude . Looking great

1 Like

…and what’s the idea later? To cover everything with one of @bigben enclosures?

These cell holders are completely separate with the Hummie double cutout deck. Im just putting them here because it fits perfectly. there’s another project going on with the double cutout.

2 Likes

Where did those colorful @bigben enclosures fit there with @Hummie decks (and/or these packs)?

1 Like

I’m certain they would especially with the double stack bigben enclosures!

1 Like

Any images anyone? I recently saw them (@bigben’s) in one of the EU treads, but I can’t find them now.

Really well done! That smaller size can make all the difference with alot of builds :star_struck:

Man these things look so awesome. I need some of them right away. :slight_smile:

Someone did a mock up for different colours. What is the widest part from one cutout to another and the depth of the pack with the cel holders?

Have you checked the price of injection moulding?

There’s a guy that does lower cost prototype runs nearby. Hes out of town ATM. I’ll talk to him again this week.

9 Likes

Have you tried making an artifical load and See how it holds Up under Higher Temperatures

I plan to as soon as I survive through 2 more midterms and a project next week.

4 Likes

@J0ker3366 Check these out

1 Like

*Following this… Looks amazing

2 Likes
  1. You can print modules yourself, diy series tabs and get bolts at local hardware store. Tabs for 10S4P would cost you 30.30EUR including shipping.
  2. Total nonsense. Example above would cost you 7.7EUR to ship from EU to States. USPS would charge you 7.10USD for Priority Mail 3-Day™ Regional Rate Box A (Shipping inside US). Not much of a difference, hu?
  3. As mentioned in another thread, you save 40 milliliters or 1.35 ounces of volume per your design. What you gain is: a. Far more DIY and time involved building a battery b. Greater risk of thermal if cells get loose without using any compression material c. No easy way to transport up to 100WH on a plane. It is one thing to design something and use it yourself, than design something to be safe to sell. If i were you, i would rather ask someone with experience, or someone who done something similar for insights and advice, than jump discarding everyone and assuming or thinking you can do a lot better on your spare time :wink: No hard feelings
5 Likes