Hardware Compression Cell Holders (Published Link on #268)

I’d be interested in the haya holders if they work. I’m still working on my haya board to show up.

This is fantastic. Are the copper parts going to be shaped like NESE tabs, meaning will they be a bit raised? But this still won’t be modular right?

Yeas for the raised tabs. That’s what I meant by buttons for contact. It will just be a rectangular bar and pressed instead of his that matches the cell diameter, that’s just not necessary and serves no purpose in power delivery.

With that you can still loosen one module and pull it straight out. On the negative side . Will probably short the cells if you slide it over the positive side.

When and how we can order?

@DAddYE just PM me.

it’s would be nice to give me your build list with deck and enclosure sizing so I can help you figure out how much you can cramp in there.

e.g hummie deck can do 12s4p signle stack at most and 13s4p single stack super crowded like my current build. HAYA with the new custom 4p module can probably fit 12s4p 4wd. with 4 focboxes or 6.6s. (674mm - 74*6 mm = 230mm for electronics, foc box are 65mm and 6.6s are 67mm long with the xt90 desolder from the pcb)

1 Like

Thanks sir! PMed

Well I made a mistake. Promised @Tello1969 that I’ll assemble his for free because I need to take pictures to make an instruction guide. Here it is hours later. Same setup as mine, 13s4p Hummie double cutout. Split p-group at the end, 4x 2s4p at the ends, and 4x 1s4p at the middle for better flex. Additional balance wire guides. Clear wrapped VTC6. This is definitely way better assembled than mine.

1hour of wrapping VTC6 with clear heat shrink. 1hour of prep/taking pics for a ifixit style guide. 3 hours of assembly.

To be Fair, I feel like I can so a lot better to redesign and cut the assembly time shorter.

Here’s some glory pictures.

IMG_20181230_023005 IMG_20181231_072639 IMG_20181231_072656 IMG_20181231_072648

5 Likes

Still interested here, Winfly. I have both the Haya and Hummie decks, so I’ll be asking for a set of 12S4P for each board.

Hey @Winfly , do you have a source for the braids? I will use that to joint each P group in my new pack, but on Ali you only find a handful of vendors and most of them don’t specify how wide they are

Locally I couldn’t find also, maybe I have not found the right nomenclature to search for it in Portuguese

3/8" Tinned Copper Metal Braided Sleeving - 10FT https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MEG9V2R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_7zPOeGaPgj6Vc

You can try searching eBay too.

2 Likes

Yup that’s what I use. They are tubular braid so its a lot thicker than the flat braid you find on ebay. I’m getting copper presses braid made anyways so I don’t mind sharing this.

1 Like

@Winfly what battery do you think you could fiit on a Talon 37?maybe 12s4p?

@jasonbhuynh fitted 13s5p spot weld pack into the eboosted enclosure. So maybe 12s5p with holders?.

1 Like

@Winfly 12s5p may be too much, my P groups were irregularly shaped,

Probably needs to be custom fitted. If anyone send me a deck and an enclosure I will do it.

1 Like

Thanks, will see if I can find

@Winfly what is the min size for a 5P module? fitted like the 4P-HAYA design would 91mm be possible?

Ran the numbers. Should be 94.3mm wide. 18.4x5+0.3+2

Definitely doesn’t work with 91. 30Qs are 18.3mm true diameter according to spec sheet. So that runs to about 91.5

1 Like

Custom ordered busbar and new Cell holder design.

2mm thick x 10mm wide nickel plated with braid in the middle for flex. image I know ppl are gona say NESE. its smaller and different way of securing the lid on. dimension:~(74-76)x76x20 with new busbar image

10 Likes

Looks nice, but I thought the plates would have raised surfaces?