Half-ass DIY With Off the Shelf Acton Blink Board and Enertion Motor

that plastic deck is really heavy…I don’t feel bad because of that, that Acton setup has to push my heavy a$$. my custom board definitely performs way better with with my size

Does it make you any faster moving to a longboard? I am going to see if I should add another battery and move it to a longboard.

How much power does it save?

no, moving the exact components to a different deck makes no difference in speed. All it does is make it easier to ride at higher speeds

Ok Got any ideas on making my board a little faster? The blink is a little too slow!

I assume you have the belt motor version? If that’s the case you can look for other pulleys to increase speed by gear.

The simplest way to make it have a higher top speed would be larger wheels (not possible if you are using the hub version)

The harder things would be changing to higher voltage batteries and/or changing the motor to something with a higher kv. But then you will loose torque (not that you have much in the blink)

Look at when I posted this original post, since this first original question until now, I’ve learned a lot from the people here, built a board and just repaired another. Maybe it’s time you do the same.

The little blink has its place, speed and distance is not one of them

Almost nothing. I can’t say, it’s to small to notice.

So I was thinking about adding this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013WKTI16/ref=twister_B016JWKPY8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 external battery to my board but the main problem is that it doesn’t have an ac port to charge the board with for UNDER 25 DOLLARS. Anyone got any ideas?

I have the exact same question… but for me it is because my acton blink motor bracket broke… and i am exploring just buying a hub motor and hooking up the 3 cables…

or just purchasing a hobby all in one motor setup which comes with everything mounted onto trucks…

so the million dollar question… what specs do i need for the new motor???

Hello, I have this model as well, been happy with it, I moved the parts to a long board so that has been working fine with me, the motor bracket is starting to brake up (scratch on bumps) and motor seems to start having problems, so I am planning to get a good motor bracket and probably replace the motor as well, again I am happy the way it works so just need a little upgrade, so wondering if somebody can help me with a motor replacement recommendation for this guy. Thanks.

For acton? I am not sure how much watts does the original have…also i am not sure about the kv…

Maybe one of those…

Thank you, I had similar specs on mind, that helps. Also considering the hub motor 75kv from DIY eletric skateboards, it seems that one might work as well.

diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/torque-single-hub-motor/

Yeah it should work…acton uses 10S1P batteries from what I remember so you would get about 40kmph which is (considering the small battery and small deck) overkill…your battery would probably sag too much and you would get no range at all…

It would be better for you to get a different hub…something with smaller kv…I would go for 60kv or even less, 50kv should be ideal… If you cant find any good hub, you can buy the same ub motor acton uses in their newer boards…

I have searched through ebay and didnt find any that would suit you…

Acton used to offer change of the belt drive to hub motor for 50$ or something like that…try asking their support, they might still be willing to do that for you…it would be the easiest solution, otherway belt drive would be better for you…

Thanks for the response, yes the battery is 10s1p, yeah kinda been thinking maybe just to stick to belt. I didn’t know about the Acton replacement hub offer, I actually was considering asking to Acton if I could buy the motor from them, I guess it won’t hurt to ask. But again as you suggest maybe just sticking to belt would be better.