Guys, come back! šŸ˜

I havenā€™t logged on in FOREVER! Things got complicated with the job and I had to relocate to North Carolina. I havenā€™t had a chance to play with anything ESK8 related in over a year now!

2 Likes

Iā€™m in Charlotte

peopleā€™s engagement here

17 Likes

Good that some of us not averageā€¦

3 Likes

Also interactions like these

Screenshot_20190806-124347

It finishes with ā€œthis forumā€ which I laughed at a littleā€¦

6 Likes

Well that went from 0-100 in less than 24hours :cold_face:

Whatā€™s his problem? :joy:

@Chaki whats the issue here?

I assumed he feels that the price was too high for the goods he was asking about. But that response at 7 in the amā€¦ Because you know, transparentcy this was my response:

ā€œOh man! Spicy. Word or two of advise there teen 'stache. Even when you arenā€™t happy with the way an interaction goes, try to be friendly/ adult like and donā€™t burn bridges. People have been departing this forum legitimate, and precisely because of behavior like this. Good luck withā€¦whatever it is you do/build.ā€

6 Likes

by the by good sirā€¦paying homage in my HAYA board soon. :smile:

IMG_20190807_165141

2 Likes

+20% range, - 10% give a damn :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am pretty sure my pee pee grew like an inch using those PCBs.

A very welcome side effect.

3 Likes

Hi I donā€™t really know how to start a thread. But could you guy answer my question. Iā€™m looking to build a single belt drive longboard using a 6384 200kv motor with a flipsky mini vesc. The thing is i live in Australia and li-on batteries are expensive and LiPo batteries are annoying. I have a couple 18v 4 ah Ryobi batteries lying around and i was wondering if they would work if i put 2 in series. Iā€™m concered about the discharge rate though.

1 Like

Lots of people have done batteries with drills. Just takes up a lot of space and might not look the best. Just make sure your battery cutoff and current limit values are set right when you set up your vesc.I think 2 of those in series would be like 10s?

I donā€™t know the cells but youā€™re right. Discharge probably wonā€™t be great. Solve that with more drill batteries lol.

the short answer is it might not work

the long answer is it will if you know what youā€™re doing.

The first question would be are the packs fully identical? Has one been used longer than the other? how will you monitor the pack voltage etc? how many amps can it handle?

batteries are batteries but have you an answer for those questions?