Guacamoleboard | 6374 190kv | VESC | 2.4ghz Nano remote controller | 10s4p

Sounds like great fun! You ride alot? Got any nice spots you ride? :smiley:

How much do you have left of your board? Just the enclosures?

I’m actually doing one enclosure for both the VESC and battery. Check out my comment history and you’ll find some pictures I believe. It’s just a concept for the moment though. I need to sketch and then 3D-print my new design.

Alright, Im gonna check it out.

Im kinda limited to split enclosures due to my flex. But was my plan from start.(Except the part where medium flex is super flexy :joy:)

Where did you buy your antispark switch from btw?

Mine is also pretty flexy, but too short for two enclosures.

Bought it from diyelectricskateboards! The shipping costs 40 bucks…

Yeah I ordered from there aswell, got free shipping since over 300dollar but realised I missed out ordering antispark.

Saw the enclosures, looks good. You have 3D printer?

Huh, I didn’t know you got free shipping over 300. Good to know for my next build!

Yeah, a Simple Metal from printrbot. Got it from creativetools.se

Yeah! Just remember to put the freeshipping coupon code into the field else it wont apply I think.

Oh nice one. isnt that the best way for you to make your enclosures then, 3D printing them? How big things can you print with it?

Thanks, I’ll make sure to remember that!

It is, but it’s not the easiest really. I can print 150x150x150mm, but as long as I’m willing to glue stuff together I can always make it bigger than that.

The storm trooper helmet I’m wearing in my profile pic is actually 3D-printed - http://imgur.com/a/9qKZz

Nicenice. Yeah seen some making parts of enclosures then putting a carbonfiber or glasfiber layer ontop of them to put them all together.

1 Like

Update. Decided to work on some enclosures. See how they came out using only a heatgun to mold it. Shape was alright. Need some smoothening on edges. and shaping.

Managed to drop my heatgun on the enclosure to make a burn mark ontop of it… also my saws blade wasnt fine enough to saw in this material so broke on of the edges, But didnt break off to much. Just wanted to see how it was to handle the material.

Some more work and the encolsure will good enough for now

2 Likes

Quickly put together what I had, motivated to get a quick try in the nice weather. Only got to try it quickly but hopefully more tomorrow.

Not the prettiest of enclosures and plan to remake atleast one of them and polish the other abit,(shape is horrible at the edges as for now). But it does the job so far. It worked fine however and seem to hold some power.

1 Like

A video of my test drive today, not very confident on a longboard as for now especially not in theese speeds :joy: , So the video is pretty harsh but its something atleast :smile:

2 Likes

Currently looking for a good solution for a bms and switch. Might just go with a loop key in order to be able to have a smaller BMS so I can fit it in my enclosure. Not much space here, Not sure how Im gonna fit it all :joy: -

The board is very flexy - Video demonstration of me(70-75kg) jumping on the board: (Temporary solution with the electric tape holding cables up since I was to eager to drive the board so didnt re-solder them).

3 Likes

Put a loopkey on my board today, charged batteries up to 41volts. Went for a lovely ride around my village.

Around 6-8kms today. And battery barely moved and my feet completely died(bad shoes + bad asphalt is a killer).

Winning remote cut out once and board went on full break - happened once manged to run fast enough not to fall luckily.

heres a quick vid!

Need to fix the failsafe for now so it coast and dont instant break my board on disconnect, anyone know how?

longterm gonna get a new remote controller when I find a reliable of my liking!

Other than that ,was really nice to ride and carve! Lovely weather aswell!

1 Like

Some new wheels to compensate for bad asphalt and bad roads.

And a video. Just testing the application and firmware made by @Ackmaniac Im currently sick with fever and dizzyness so I did not dare to push the speeds to high. But the wheels felt so stable even at 35kmh+

1 Like

Where do you manage to get all this information on the screen?

Via bluetooth modules and custom apps. @Ackmaniac has made one for Android and @rpasichnyk has made one for iPhone/Android

rpasichnyks:

Ackmaniacs:

1 Like

What @rwxr said :wink:

Its super easy to install aswell.