GTX PERFECT CLONE / 6374 190 kv 3550 W / 107 mm F1/ evolve trucks/ FOCBOX/ 10S4P/ GTX deck / Evolve Enclosure/ UNIK motor mounts

Thank you for your input ! Then i guess i’ll stick to 30Q how much cycle 30Q handle ?

I know that they retain 70% capacity at 300 cycles. So after 1- 2 years if you ride everyday you will still have about 70% of original left, not bad.

1 Like

It’s hard to say something about life cycles, because we’re mostly charge them up to 4,2V and discharge them not all the way down and not with the maximum discharge rate.

Here is Mooch’s test chart about just 50 cycles:

5 Likes

I’ve never used FOCBOX before; I intended on setting up something like this with the Evolve ESC, in order to use the R2. Does the FOCBOX have a receiver setup with it?

focbox’s use any standard rc receiver.

Do you think the Focbox is more of a priority than the R2 remote? Personally I have not used a Focbox so I do not know how much better it really is compared to the Evolve ESC, just that people in general say Focbox is better.

Focbox is way better, its esc vs vesc.

They cant be compared. Focbox is the way to go

If you want something like the R2 remote theres a few diy alternatives on this forum, im also going dual focbox with a Firefly remote.

Isn’t Enertion releasing a new remote in the near future? The DIY solutions (except for the Boosted clone) don’t look great imo…

I suppose I should go Focbox since it seems to be unanimously better overall, but I still hesitate due to the R2 remotes quality. I would not mind building my own, but can you shoot me a link with the Firefly remote on it?

@ElskerShadow may I ask how much did you pay for deck? I quite like it :wink:

Genius, I hope I can convince my friend with a 3D printer to print a case for me to build with lol…

1 Like

If he wont you can use 3dhubs its releatrivly cheap.

160 €

10 char

1 Like

Heya Elsker, what makes the Focbox a better choice? Its $150 more than the evolve esc setup @ $370 total with shipping (Evolves ESC is at $200 total); I personally have had no issues with my CGT and I dig the R2 remote. Everyone says that Focbox is better, but why is that?

Where would you buy the evolve esc? you also need their bms.

1 Like

I’ve been on the phone for this week & last with a sales rep - they informed me I can purchase the part from them (though only over the phone).

As for the BMS…well, I can either use the one from my CGT (since I am building a 10s4p) or find a single BMS from a third party…most likely the latter since I was going to cut out the CGT BMS to use with the 10s4p I’ve made. Its been tough finding one so far though.

@Kit If you want to use R2 remote, you need to use Evolve’s ESC. There are no other choices. In addition, you need to connect Evolve’s BMS to Evolve’s ESC.

@Lumaci Although not listed on the Evolve website, their ESC can be purchase. I have purchased it before.