GT2b Mad Munkey v1 Enclosure **NOW READY FOR DOWNLOAD**

I did print tests with 0.1 0.05 0.02 and i couldn’t tell the difference. 0.1 is just too thin of a layer already.

1 Like

Santa’s Brown Truck is taking your stuff out of the building today so you should have an early gift as well as plenty of work to do over the Holidays :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you TROY! @Pylonflyer you going to make the holidays better!

1 Like

SO STOKED to see this process first hand!

1 Like

Literally editing the mold making video as I read this… Should be done by next week for Friday release.

6 Likes

Looking forward to ur video. Do u have any videos on doing multiple part pours? Making mold for ten piece mold. Doing them individually and w a vacuum won’t it take a lot of time ?

Unless they are really small parts or you’re using dispense equipment, it’s easier and more practical to do individual molds. In this video the parts take only 75g of material each, so I pour both at the same time.

1 Like

Enjoy the Making of the Mad Munkey Handles. Joel is gonna be a busy Elf this Christmas…

17 Likes

great video and great mold Troy! When pouring most molds I’ve made Ive been able to get away with not using tape to hold the mold halves together and just the mold release works. It keeps the shape well and just a bit of an edge to sand off.
I like the Mylar sheet for the pour funnel but id think you could get away with not using the many other air hole straws but thats me and I just dabble in mold making

The straws do 2 things; they prevent a mess as the material vents and they also provide extra material to cancel out shrinkage as the part cures in the mold. Also, depending on the size of the part, you want to restrain the top mold half because of potential hydraulic action. On bigger molds this can become quite severe.

1 Like

This is a SOLID tutorial! Well done Troy!!! So many questions answered!

Awesome, thank you for the feedback. This was an intense mold to make because of all those pins and vents needed, but we have some more mellow mold making videos that show how to do simpler parts. Here’s a Playlist:

2 Likes

Hey Hummie, check out my Glow-in-the-dark wheels for your hub motors :slight_smile:

7 Likes

that’s insane ! are hub motors able to handle some freestyle/jumps ?

I want to make those. can you mix it into hot pour and can u add tints or do different colors? I’ll jcheck ur site.

Hub motors I sold haven’t broken I know of other than wires that needed to be resoldered or rewound but I’ve never tried to do jumps or freestyle. They’re pretty heavy though. Jumps maybe. I’d like to see them at a skatepark on a little board

That would be this…NYC hub motors skatepark & freestyle tricks and slammin!

1 Like

I would think you can add glow powders to Hot Pour urethane. The hard part is that you need to add like 20-25% glow powder for best results so it gets pricey and the viscosity goes up because of all that filler. It will also decrease tear strength. I’m going to try them soon… how can I not!?

@FLATLINEcustoms any idea when the molded enclosures will be for sale?

@Michael319 I am trying to get used to pouring molds. Tonight might be the first one I have for sale. Right now I am limited to yellow or orange.

I need to know who is serious about getting one. I can start popping them out.

Joel

2 Likes

I did my mod today, but I might have screwed something up. The controller won’t charge. The thing is, I was doing this on my lunch break so I was a bit stressed and while not thinking after desoldering the usb-port, I cut off the small piece of PCB sticking out from the mainboard where the usb-port was located.

I don’t have the piece that I cut off anymore so I was wondering if anyone know if I really screwed up or if it’s something else that causes the inability to charge the remote?

Can I somehow charge the battery in any other way?

1 Like