GT2b Mad Munkey v1 Enclosure **NOW READY FOR DOWNLOAD**

Eeeek, Why is the steering pot different? I was going to say swap the pots but I am assuming you know the steering pot is different.

Yep, they’re different. Not only in shape, but also the angle is different. That’s why i ended up going with the buffalo mod for the time being until i finish my mini remote hall sensor mod.

2 Likes

Patiently waiting for that. And from what I am seeing in this thread I may need to get another GT2B as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

How much are you charging for these? Very interested

1 Like

3d printed or molded?

What’s the difference?

Most of the pictures you see are 3d printed which I sale now. The very shiny one that @Pylonflyer made is molded and aren’t for sale yet.

1 Like

Ok how much are the 3d printed ones?

@brawlincollin $32 + $8 S&H.

@rutxbikecron that one should fit after you take the plastic off from around the battery. I believe the bigger battery is a 1200mah, yours is the 800mah.

1 Like

Has anyone gotten the other channels to work as a switch using the Mad Munkey case? I thought I saw something about it earlier in this thread. Would it be better to use the steering channel (A) or channel C?

I bought a Turnigy RC Controlled Switch, which “completes the circuit when the radio channel passes 50%”. But I haven’t had a chance to crack open the GT2b yet. I want to turn lights on/off with a switch on the Mad Munkey, but I’m wondering now if it’s worth the effort (compared to a mechanical switch on the board)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012W6RJ5I/

I have used that controlled switch on one of my tricopters and it works awesome. I have two for my board and Mad Munkey that I haven’t had a chance to try them. The momentary switch should be an easy one to do that with. The steering channel would need a 5k resistor in line with the switch and should work.

Joel

1 Like

This is so much more epic in person!

It would be interesting to use this as a remote controlled on off swith that could replace the mechanical one on the vesc. Then use the 3rd channel button to turn the board on and off via the remote!

1 Like

The RC switch needs a power source (0-30V) to work. I am using a 12V BEC which is downstream of my power switch. I believe you would either need an external battery, or move the BEC to the other side of the switch so it’s always powered.

EDIT: The RC receiver would need continuous power as well, since it gets its 5V from the VESC

TLDR; It would be cool but not worth it

They look very sleek and it would be fantastic if you maybe could approximately nearly somehow let us know when they will be available for sale? :wink:

@thirdorange I am in the process of ordering materials from @Pylonflyer. Hopefully soooooooon! Trust me I want to get these going.

Joel

1 Like

Tempted to print this with a 0.04mm layer height, but it’s going to take ~50 hours

Good thing robots don’t ask for overtime :robot:

4 Likes

Which printer?

It’s an Ultimaker 2. I’ll just print it over the weekend so I don’t tie up our company’s printer.

A layer height of 0.06mm combined with a slow print speed seems to consistently produce excellent prints for me. Slow and steady wins this race. I’ve never tried printing at 0.04mm though. Same amount of material either way

1 Like