GT2b Mad Munkey v1 Enclosure **NOW READY FOR DOWNLOAD**

Finished my Mad Munkey last night and went for a ride with @FLATLINEcustoms

I went with the opaque/clear filament top instead of black…might chage it later… That’s the TB nano tx, next to Boosted tx, next to Mad Munkey for a size comparison. @FLATLINEcustoms Great job on this thing! It feels so good in the hand, even when I’m getting frostbite in my throttle finger!!! I gutted some paracord for a lanyard…

2 Likes

I use only a tiny amount of modeling clay to fill in thin gaps where things join. Sometimes around the base of the model if it’s not 100% flat. Prepping 2nd half today.

1 Like

Frostbit throttle finger = worst moments.

2 Likes

14 Likes

Woohoo! First parts out and nearly perfect with no pressure casting. This is just mixing the urethane, pulling vacuum to de-air the mixture, and gravity pouring through funnels. Looks like I have the right amount and proper placement of vents. There is nearly 0 flashing around the seams to clean up and once you file off the nibs from where the vents attached, the two halves fit right together. I’m super excited.

36 Likes

Looks fantastic. Do you plan on selling these?

1 Like

Beautiful job! Looks like a new Ferrari. I bet a certain @longhairedboy would love one of these.

2 Likes

I don’t think my jaw has ever been open for this long in my life. You definitely need to do a thread on how to do this.

Even better, I’m doing a step-by-step video. Joel from Flatline Customs will be offering these cast handles for sale. I’m just using the design for educational purposes and sharing results.

6 Likes

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

When it comes down to this moment, All of your hard work finally pays off. Good job! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I’ll bring the popcorn :popcorn:

Great job!

2 Likes

wow

10chars

1 Like

That looks so beautiful. I just want to hold it gentley and show it what it means to be loved.

5 Likes

Yeah, Orange and Black look good!

8 Likes

I nominate this remote mod to be an honorary member of the forum.

3 Likes

7 Likes

I shall name her Ruby, and she automatically gets mod status as an honorary member of the forum.

I don’t think you fully understand how excited I am for this…

3 Likes

Oh beautiful :heart_eyes: Take my money!

1 Like

What a job !!! This is pure art.

1 Like