GROUP BUY: Upgraded Ownboard ESC + hub motor + remote

Quite honestly, I’d rather people buy an ‘authentic’ front truck from Caliber/Paris/Atlas/Ronin/Rogue/Randal/Independent/SurfRodz/LiquidTrucks/Bennett/Don’tTrip/Etc. for the same price as I would sell the clones for.

1 Like

Nope, the urethane is not replaceable. That’s why the ebike connectors exist. For the sole purpose of being able to swap out the entire motor assembly as easily as possible.

2 Likes

The front truck is $9.99 on the Ownboard store. Where would you get an authentic truck for the same price?

I wouldn’t be able to acquire trucks for that low (let alone sell them for that low), simply because I’m not buying at a large enough quantity to lower the costsz

And sorry to be prude, but man up. $25 for a front truck is not going to kill you. In fact it will do the exact opposite, since it’s much less likely to snap on you while riding at high speeds.

Ahh, I’m sorry, I assumed you were buying from Ownboard but ofcourse you could also be buying from the actual manufacturer directly.

Also, what about the wheels? It is pretty hard to find 90mm (matching) black front wheels here in the EU :grimacing:

Could I buy just the esc and remote?

I asked the manufacturer, and their response was that it would cost more separately. Lowest I can go is $100 for just the ESC alone… any less and it’s simply not worth the hassle of dealing with customs.

I only want the remote and esc. Maybe we can work something out?

1 Like

@PredatorBoards you interested?

I’m based in Los Angeles, so our distance might make actually make this not easier. @banjaxxed

@AssaultedPotato you can get this esc + 3 speed remote for 80$ with free shipping from wowgo:

or from ownboard, esc + 2 speed remote for 68$:
1 Like

Oh thank you! @Tinp123

No worries, just seeing if I could basically get a whole drive train minus battery ready to go.

anyways, still in for one, will do a mini kicktail build with it.

Was suggesting @PredatorBoards do the split of goods and ship to both of us independently

1 Like

Ah ok if goods not in hand & in china then prob not a runner

It’s a pretty good alternative, but the tested speed on those is only 22mph.

@PredatorBoards

Count me in, gonna put these on my Brakeboard Loaded Dervish.

I’ll have a listing up soon enough. To join the group buy, simply purchase through that listing. With that, I’ll purchase everything in bulk and have it shipped here in the US, where I will take care of fulfillment afterwards. After the group buy is done, the kit will return to its regular price of $250.

2 Likes

Alright boys. Here’s the listing:

https://ridepredator.com/shop/banshee-2-0-upgrade-kit/

Group buy will end in roughly a week from now once I’m done working out the small details with the manufacturer. After the ‘sale’ ends, I’ll purchase everyone’s drivetrains in bulk and have them shipped my way for distribution.

2 Likes