GROUP BUY: Upgraded Ownboard ESC + hub motor + remote

Did the kits get shipped out?

1 Like

:pray: :pray: :pray: Amen

Im in the SD area… im supposed tomeet with him today to pick my kit up but have not heard back from him since Thursday :neutral_face:. He said hed spend all day friday shipping

Most of the kits have been shipped out. According to the post office, they’ll resume their operations Monday, so I expect everything to begin arriving to people Wednesday earliest.

2 Likes

If there should be kits left, I would directly buy one if that’s possible :wink::hugs:

Tracking info?

TBH, I was in a rush to get everybody’s kit shipped out that I didn’t take the time to record the tracking info. I’ll say to expect everything to arrive this week though.

3 Likes

Guys, don’t worry. Everything looks legit and I’m sure that everyone will get their kits. I just picked mine up from him personally and he seems really bummed out he Had everyone wait so long. I’ll post more pictures once I’m home

7 Likes

Hey, can you answer a question for me? I have supposedly the same motor as these which I bought from DIYeboard last year and one of them started to develop some lateral play. When I push the motor back and forth, it moves about 1mm or so. And when I ride that motor rattles. Have you fixed this problem on these motors?

The ESC is much better on these IMO. Smoother feel and quieter motors Brakes feel like an improvement from my previous meepo style hubs

3 Likes

Great news !

It’s a manufacturing issue that exists in some motors. Unfortunately we didn’t manage any cost effective solution besides an improved QA process where the inside surfaces of the motor are prepped for proper adhesive fitting.

1 Like

So i took the new motors and esc for a quick test around the neighborhood…

and overall I am a very satisfied customer! The acceleration and braking is SUPER smooth but i kinda wish the brakes were a bit more abrupt. I also felt lik i could still slide forward down a hill while holding the brakes ( although going at a snails pace). There is no place on the Esc for a voltage meter but the remote displays the boards battery life using lights. I also prefer a thumb trigger vs a thumb wheel remote but thats just preference. The remote has a really great feel and has battery indicator as well as speed modes and a seitch for forward and reverse. I will be switching the bushings. That’s pretty much the all negative. It goes fast without any stutters. The thane over the motors does a little better than my last pair. This is after my ride i had a 10s5p battery with the enclosure coming from diyeboard but could not fit it in my drop deck so i went top mounted enclosure

I really enjoy this set for my commuter board. Hope everyone gets there kits soon… P.S. I love the Ebike connector thingys!!!

4 Likes

You work fast. Bring it around sometime so then I can try it!

1 Like

Anyone in the US get their kit in the mail yet? USPS priority is usually pretty quick. Usually only takes 3 business days.

3-5 to be exact

Yeah dunno. Should already expect them to arrive today at the very least.

I was about to ask the same. I feel like even if tracking numbers weren’t recorded, USPS would still be able to inform the recipient of incoming packages. I’m registered and often receive updates of packages coming to my home address but I’ve seen nothing to suggest this kit is coming…

1 Like

I’m also local and picked up my kit.

3 Likes

Usps priority takes 1-3 days. These were shipped a week ago. I am guessing priority was required as I do not believe the kits fit first class specifications. Has anyone received there unit in the mail? No pick up?? It seems odd no one has received them still. Everyone in the US should have gotten their units.