(Group buy) Maytech 6880 8mm x 34mm shaft, 160kv , sensor wire 2.0 JST and logo or no logo

At the moment nothing is set in stone.

If Maytech will do 160kv at that price I can’t see it being that much more for 140kv. I only have to ask. Now I guess anyone can do this (a Group Buy) and if someone else wants to do it please say so. Other minimums must be met to get these motors, if your willing to meet those then, please…

2 Likes

Let’s keep it all with you guys! We just didn’t want to miss a Summer that’s all.

Appreciate you guys. Let’s keep pushing.

I think we have worked out the major details in the process, lead times and shipping. Time gathering everyone is the killer and moving on a motor that everyone likes even more so. We will take 10-15 ourselves so it’s really doable as long as we stick to the same motor and hit our 50 units.

so 140kv, and silicone phase wires.

Leight of wires

logo?

2 Likes

look for the E-toxx matrix helical package GB tread soon, I just finalized the prices on the Matrix helical package with Jens and will put that together tonight.

This will be a hell of a deal on these drives. A set of helical gears, truck extensions and top blocks that would total $973 (860 euro) before shipping you can get for $700 (620 euro) in the group buy.

Details will be in the post for the E-toxx GB

4 Likes

stoked! prefer no logo but it’s not a deal-breaker for me.

1 Like

Ettox drive… hmm interesting

1 Like

O

M

G

You’ll get the gear ratio kv and wheel diameter worked out with jens?

1 Like

I’d definitely be all over 140k, stonking good work thank you for organising

Let me tell you these 6880s will just fit nice with an eToxx drive 1:6.25 with truck extenders on MBS, stance is very wide mind so in this application it doesn’t matter much or at all

A Turnigy 6374 just has about 6mm clearance, from the spec sheet all is good afaik image

3 Likes

Is a keyway possible?

1 Like

I’m interested, how should I get in?

1 Like

I thought you might be @Eboosted, I thought you might stumble upon this too.

Update

140$ each plus shipping, USPS flat rate charges for the USA, EU will go through Belgium ( responsible for shipping from Belgium to the receiver, no duties or taxes only post) and the rest of the world will be UPS or DHL the most competitive rate of the two.

I will have everything worked out as far as specs Sunday night. We have a window at the factory to get these produced fast and it will make it easy to do future batches of the 8mm shafts even faster.

The goal is to hit 50 of the 6880 in the so far community consensus 140KV with 16inch/410mm phase wires (silicone 12g or 14g) and sensor wire 20inch/510mm w/2.0mm JST connector.

No logo?, Its free and could be something to represent the community?

Phase wire size? 12g or 14g??

12awg seems pretty common and enough

140kv seems to be too low for my ouw build though

I have had both requested 140kv and 160kv

I just can’t see much difference in cost from one to the other, the big thing was the 8mm shafts. I may be able to get both custom KVs if we hit our mark. I will also ask about a slit order of 140kv/160kv

never hurts to ask…

2 Likes

In order to organize a “Group Buy” you will need to be a level 3 Regular, post it in the Group Buy category and follow the guidelines below

1 Like

got it, thanks for the clarification

Further to our PM conversation yesterday, if I can, I’d like to firmly order 2 x 190 8mm. I don’t know if you’re able to ‘tack’ them on to the eventual order, but if you can I’ll take 2.

Now you make me wanna split order hombre

2 x 140kv 8mm shaft

2 x 160kv 10mm shaft

If 10mm shafts are only available as an extra item to be diy-fitted, dat’d be cool Keywayed, if at all possible; it makes life easier for those who have keywayed pulleys/spurs and does not affect those who don’t

2 Likes

haaaaaa… 140kV back, of curse they can, they do 170/160/150/130kV so it should be easy (I just hope it’s truer >140kV ^^)

Hey mate :star_struck: !! How did you do that !???

You got an extender and still use self-locking bolt ??
How can you use Fivestar with the shorter entender for Rockstar ??? :yum:
When I ordered mine last year, it was to set 9" too, but Jens told me it wasn’t made for, and Fivestar will not work…
I was looking for Megastar just to make it work, but I would prefer the lighter and cheaper Fivestar I already got !!!
Please help me, highlight me brother :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve bought 5 of these myself already downunder in Australia…$130 USD were closer I guess…I’ve asked them value them cheaper cause anything over $1000 AUD is subject to import tax…I’m sure they can do it Yous in the EU…hope that helps…mine are 140kv

Can you run a larger motor gear to give same top speed? You will get better gear mesh and same torque if you can.