Got pulled over on my skateboard, fined $138 plus 2 points on my license - court tomorrow, how can I beat this ticket?

Not really…he said in the thread court date was postponed.

Last time I saw a cop I raced him… Cops in Minneapolis don’t give a fuck unless you are actively robbing someone… Its honestly fantastic.

3 Likes

Same here in Milwaukee. They even give me the thumbs up. living the esk8 dream.

1 Like

hollup, november has passed, what happened?

1 Like

@lennylogs hasn’t been on since December… hes part of the nyc crew. Maybe @mikenyc @ARetardedPillow @anon64938381 know his fate?

2 Likes

Haven’t talked to him in awhile. Last time we spoke, he took a spill going over some tree root bumps on the west side hwy bike path – that was last spring!

3 Likes

the ticket was dismissed - i didnt even have a chance to bring up any of my arguments to the judge. i think she was even a little pissed at the cop for wasting her time

i was however locked into a higher car insurance rate for six months because of the license points right before the ticket was dismissed

6 Likes

Wait that’s a thing? My dad rides a ebike and told me to not to up to upper Manhattan cause they confiscate electric vehicle and I didn’t believe him :sweat_smile:

dude, it’s totally cool. you can ride the path all the way up to the inwood park inlet. it’s beautiful up there.

dude! how have you been!

That’s probably shittier than the ticket price depending on your insurance

1 Like

My friend told me this, not sure how well it’d end up working in a case such as this, but claim that you aren’t sure if the ticket is real since it is a copy, ask for the original and tell them you will pay the fine if they give you the original (which they most likely will not be able to obtain since cops give you a copy usually. Since they may not be able to get the original, you won’t have to pay. And if that doesn’t work, the judge typically gets a % of the ticket if you pay, and you can ask them if they do, which if they answer yes, they become biased, which you can get out of paying the fine. This is what my friend told me, not sure how this plays out in court or if it works, but this only gets you out of the fine, not sure about other consequences. If there are any lawyers, maybe you can confirm or deny if this would actually work in court.

1 Like

I got a $50 ticket for riding in WSQ Park by Parks Cop. It got dismissed this Tuesday when I told them NYPD told me to take the sidewalk, after I showed pictures of the streets looking like this:

3 Likes

Not sure if this will help, but contact NY Bike Lawyer Daniel Flanzig in the link: