Going to order 30Q cells, group buy I guess? -- parts 1 and 2 are done, thank you

I’m really not, I don’t know crap about li-ion battery construction. Plus I usually have product delivered to work, this is just too big, I’d get crap from the execs.

1 Like

I understand. Do you know anyone who’d be interested? This buy saves me about 70 bucks on a 12s4p setup

@Namasaki, @anorak234, @JLabs, @psychotiller, @longhairedboy … maybe?

2 Likes

i would but i have about 600 of my own cells to manage, most of which are about to go into packs.

BZERP BZERP BITCHES!

oh hey… that gives me an idea for a t-shirt…

3 Likes

Im in for 100 on this 3rd round.

Nkon has always charged €2.75/cell + 30 shipping. They have not upped their prices in at least 6 months.

Does anyone know exactly how much each cell is and minimum order if we are buying directly from manufactures? There don’t seem to be any obvious link on the internet on how to get them without any third-party suppliers. Doesn’t it make more sense if the manufactures sold it directly over the counter or in their own website? :thinking:

You can’t buy directly from the manufacturer. If you did, you need to be a registered business. It’s not in the interest of big manufacturers like Samsung SDI and LG to sell cells directly to consumers. Do you have deep pockets to facilitate the transaction of 20,000 cells?

1 Like

That’s why we are in a group buy topic :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: So you need to be a business to get these cells I see. Jehu did a pellet group buy once and sold LG HB2 cells for only $1 each. Made me wondering how much these cells really are worth. But he bought it from another person.

Even then you are acquiring cells from the middlemen and not the manufacturer for a group buy. There is a special agreement to buy a set amount for several years as stated in a contract for the big players like Tesla and Panasonic. It’s not feasible to any of us here in the community to do a group buy on that scale.

1 Like

It’s more expensive for them to deal with customers directly as is for any business. Imagine the amounts of people more that they would have to employ etc. It’s a lot easier to deal in 10,000s even if you charge 50% less, they’re making it up by not having to have a direct sales dept. or customer service dept. or small shipments dept. plus all of the logistics associated with selling dangerous goods directly to customers

Well, it would be really cool if someone came forward and offered cells at even more ‘decent’ price.

Looking at prices it doesnt seem like ‘old models’ get price reduction at all, at least not seeing anything interesting price wise on Nkon website for Eu buyers.

I wish there were more options price wise, at least something similar in price to what you can get on Nkon international website, it almost seems like there are more costs besides VAT, which they add for selling inside of EU :confused:

2 Likes

@thisguyhere would you be interested in organizing another 30q group buy?

30qs groupbuy is never worth it. Too much hassle to save $2-30.

2 Likes

what other batteries would you recommend? 25r’s? and where wold you recommend to buy 25r’s? @Winfly

I mean battery in general. You would only save $20 if you are only building a pack.

1 Like

yea, i just get cells in bulk now on my own now.

i sell cells for $4.2 a piece in my store:

http://esk8life.com/samsung-30q-18650-cell

2 Likes