Going to order 30Q cells, group buy I guess? -- parts 1 and 2 are done, thank you

It seems like if you are buying at least 50, might as well just buy from Nkon as there comes to a point of diminishing returns on savings.

From Nkon ru with shipping to US:

50 cells= 167 euro= $198.14= $3.96/cell shipped

100 cells = 305 euro=$361.86=$3.62/cell shipped

200 cells= 600 euro=$711.59= $3.56/cell shipped

600 cells= 1795 euro=$2086.95=$3.48/cell shipped

So if you were to buy 50 at 3.80 = $190+9=$199= $3.98/cell shipped.

So basically, right now at least, if you are buying at least 50, might as well just buy direct from NKON ru?

Am I missing something or does this sound right?

Is this done ?

Iā€™d take 100 probably

I need 240, but ru.nkon.nl is quoting $3.54/cell shipped for 30Q

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m getting as well. I have a supplier who can do $3.03 a cell, but MOQ is high, so shipping would be freight and take 30 days. Iā€™m chatting with them now to get exact numbers

How high??

quote I got is $3 but shipping is high so bring shipped price to $3.5.

also the first nkon order 600, fedex just sent me a duties bill of $40.

but yea, these wholesalers, pieces arenā€™t all that competitive anymore.

for what country?

Yeah, Iā€™m sure the price will be the same, but Iā€™ll see where it goes

eu entering the us

Too bad we canā€™t reach Samsungā€™s 30k MOQ

1 Like

itā€™d be a massive headache, and upfront of at least $60k

even with trusted sellers thatā€™s an amount too large

I feel like this isnā€™t a real MOQ and quote. In my experiences, manufacturers usually list something ridiculous if theyā€™re trying to stave off potential clients without entirely losing their businessā€¦ likely they are trying to stall until they get production figured out.

yea I didnā€™t get actual $ quote, just basic fob requirements, Iā€™m just ballparking

was that from nkon.nl or ru.nkon.nl

ru, but it gets shipped from germany

Is that duties bill value based or a flat rate? Like would I be hit with the same import duties if I bought 100 or would it be less? :thinking:

i think by weight? so smaller package i bet would go through without being detected. @Jinra mentioned he ordered under 200 cells and didnā€™t get a duties bill.

2 Likes

Just heard back, itā€™s $3.49 shipped, so might as well get them from nkon

1 Like

We need to think outside the box, a ā€œbuilders group buyā€ , get some ā€œlocalā€ esk8 companies to join, @torqueboards, @oriol360, @JLabs come to mind. Make it like 500 cell minimum to participate. Should be able to hit 10-20k, and plenty of business licenses :wink:

2 Likes