Glass Frit. An end to crushed coke bottles?

Look up “sign shops” in your area. Those guys normally have vinyl cutters.

3 Likes

The small kit that is 1.5 quarts is probably enough for like 15 decks once you know what you are doing. If it is just for glass frit. Maybe more.

I could do like 5 full deck skin jobs or more with the 1.5 qt kit.

4 Likes

Hi guys, just want to ask if this one its fine It’s 4oz, or do I add 4 more? Screenshot_20190407-171200_Amazon%20Shopping

That should be enough for a few boards

4oz or 8oz?

4 ounce should be plenty

1 Like

Isn’t medium frit the standard?

1 Like

Like @moon pointed out medium frits works alot better for grip, fine works but isnt as good.

Fine is just a bit different. But I prefer medium frit as well

1 Like

Ok then midium will be, thanks a lot for the answered

Will epoxy or polyurethane be an issue with adhesion on lets say a painted deck? Probably will sand the surface with some 400 grit.

No just make sure you sand the surface before applying epoxy or urethane. I would recommend spar urethane or epoxy.

1 Like

Darn, cus i have sprayed a nice color and stencil on the top of my deck and want to retain it while having glass frit. If the urethane or epoxy does not stick, i’ll probably just use the clear coat of the same paint brand.

I meant no like as in you won’t have an issue. Cause you asked if it would be an issue.

1 Like

Woops i read that wrong, thanks! Excited to try fritting this weekend. Is fritting a word?

1 Like

that’s literally how i do every board.

sand the deck, paint the deck, die cut some vinyl stencils and art up the deck with spray paint, the poly-frit that shit, then poly, then poly, again, then poly again, and sometimes poly again.

2 Likes

I noticed my can of spar urethane began yo yellow quite a bit after awhile. Any way to prevent this? What spar urethane should I be using

You’re probably using an oil based one. I had the same issue. This is what I use, its water based.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Minwax-Pro-Series-32-fl-oz-Satin-Water-based-Varnish/999918584

Aside from spray paint (for which i just built a small painting booth for) , and epoxy for the wire channels, we use all water based paints and finishes. I refuse to deal with oils where rags, brushes, and any kind of cleanup is concerned.

4 Likes

To me it seems that glass is the way to go i want my art on top. I cannot find a frit supplier in the UK but then i thought it looks really like glass blasting sand we use in ‘sand blasting’. Has anybody any ideas on that?

If you are in UK look for BullsEye Kiln supplies. I got it from them.

1 Like