Glass Frit. An end to crushed coke bottles?

i do one coat of water based spar to get the frit to stick, then go back over it with another 2-3 coats depending on the frit.

Cheers guys. I will give this a go. @longhairedboy

1 Like

Im doing the initial poly/frit layer in one go also, I just do it a quarter at a time instead of painting the whole board in poly and then the whole board in frit. Being careful so the poly/frit in one spot doesn’t adhere differently

I’ve got my polyurethane and two big bags of glass frit. Just waiting on some vinyls that I want to lay down first from @mmaner

3 Likes

I have around 6,000 kg of crushed glass. Just need the spar.

1 Like

Are you doing anything to protect the vinyl?

Why do you have 6 metric tons of broken glass?

4 Likes

I was thinking of just hitting it with clear coat. @longhairedboy thoughts?

vinyl mask or wrap or artwork or what?

1 Like

It’s a boring answer… It’s used for water filtration and there was a huuuuge surplus on a job recently. It’s a green colour.

1 Like

Mmaner is cutting me a logo out of vinyl. Single color.

3 Likes

It’s all going out monday. THe holidays screwed me up, my bad.

1 Like

All good. If I was worried about it I would have said something.

1 Like

What about aquarium gravel? Does that work too? 9200000089642836

1 Like

we had some come to our school for cultural appreciation. my bro asked, “what happens if they sneeze?”

Man, I like using epoxy much more. Really locks that shit in there more so than poly IMO.

Also, I did poly tests with aerosol and brush on. Deffo I think brush on for base layer and first over coat or two. Then a layer or 2 of spray on for finishing.

I thought this produced the best results second to using epoxy

2 Likes

I just brush on all my layers after the glass goes on I use a chip brush to brush on the spar urethane.

2 Likes

What epoxy do you use?? Do you do the same 4 layers sprinkle it on and then 1 more layer?

1 Like

I use silvertip epoxy

It depends on what I am doing honestly. But typically sand, one layer of epoxy, sprinkle grit, cure, one more layer of epoxy.

Then I do a spray on layer of this

All this is significantly more expensive than poly, but I think it yeilds better results.

1 Like

Definitely gonna give this a shot on my Tayto board.

@Sender How many Decks can you do with the SilverTip Epoxy?
Gonna try and get the most out of it. What Hardener do you recommend Fast? Also is there cheaper epoxy?

I think I found a place but does anyone know where to get big Die Cut Vinyl Stickers?

1 Like