Glass Frit. An end to crushed coke bottles?

thats pretty :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im hoping to this week. Got everything i need

1 Like

Just imagine a white ABS @psychotiller Altar Wedge skinned in “white” Carbon fiber…(the enclosure needs to be white to mask any skinning imperfections so the black doesn’t get highlighted)… With all raw RKPs and psycho mounts… and Blue annodized 6 shooters… with the standard Red psychotiller motors and red fender washers attaching that beautiful white enclosure down.

Yeah, I have been thinking a lot about what this could (should?) turn into!

1 Like

I can barefoot the medium frit fresh off the drying rack but a lot of people can’t. The small frit is very barefoot friendly, however. I keep both around and usually ask before applying.

1 Like

That does sound cool as hell. Ill get another wedge ordered as soon as I have some extra cash, been an expensive couple of months :slight_smile:,

1 Like

Yeah I can barefoot it too, but you know. Just a bit sharp for the weak foots among us. Also, I am going to do one more coat of poly over the top. I locked mine in with epoxy and sealed the bottom with poly.

1 Like

Fixed that for you @mmaner

3 Likes

im thinking Im gonna use RKP’s on this one. make a high speed board out of it, maybe get @MoeStooge drunk and race him. Maybe if he’s drunk I can convince him the finish lines the other way and actually beat him :slight_smile:

1 Like

Damn you Skunk, have you even tried both? I love the TKPs, but they hold a different purpose. They are both awesome, but for me on fast street city riding, I like RKPs. The TKPs are amazingly carvey, but I feel more secure on 35+ MPH builds on RKPs. And I am always on the street, so if I can turn 90 degrees, I am good.

1 Like

Awesome, would you share how you got on and what you did?

Ive got both. But the RKP have not been used under power yet. It was a joke really.

Ill be sure to document it all when i do it.

2 Likes

I actually combined a small amount of mine so I had fine and coarse all in one

1 Like

Frit works great, and cuts great!

20190104_133353

11 Likes

need more poly. And try to sprinkle that blood a little more evenly, your application of blood is kind of sloppy. It needs to be more distributed, and try to get bigger drops. Maybe if you stabbed your hand a little more and just shook it wildly.

20 Likes

How many coats of poly did you do?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/142972342411?chn=ps Reckon this spray on crap would work?

Oh duh, that’s what I was missing! I’ll grab my broadsword, that’ll get the blood going. @briman05 I did about a third of the board at a time, put on a single coat and immediateky spirnkled on the frit, then did the rest of the board. I waited for it to dry, brushed on the loose frit from the first application and patched in more poly/frit in the bald areas. Waited for the patches to dry, lightly brushed off the loose stuff once more, then two coats of poly/drying after to seal it all in

I’d go this as its polyurethane

I actually am able to do the full board all in one shot and I’m using water based spar

I wouldnt try it with spray you want a thicker coat so it has something to stick to.

2 Likes