Give me my money back @enertion

Taking bets on over/unders!

2 Likes

Hey guys. For anyone interested, I originally contacted Enertion for a refund after they failed to deliver on time (I ordered back in May). I never received a refund and lodged a complaint through our local civil tribunal to get my money back after they didnā€™t respond. The tribunal attempts remediation as a first resort, however, even after mailing their registered business address and mailing address with the documents, no one showed up to the session this morning.

I emailed and sent a Facebook message to Enertion this morning asking them to contact me to see if they wanted to do a payment arrangement, however clearly no one there has the professionalism and decency to respond. So now it has to go through the courts so I can get my money back from these guys.

Put it this way, if customers have to take a business to court just to get their money back for a product they never received, that business shouldnā€™t be operating. If anyone has found themselves in a similar situation with these bunch of fraudsters, please do us all a favour and spread the word so no one else gets ripped off as well.

5 Likes

What happened here. Did you get an instant refund after writing that? I surely hope so.

1 Like

Letā€™s not be silly, I think youā€™re trying to infer that the majority of your returns are ā€œchange of mind,ā€ weā€™re not changing our minds, weā€™re suffering through pain we never subscribed for. Also, if your boards are currently selling, how does a few cancelled orders cause weeks of delays, when you can simply reallocate the ā€œfewā€ cancelled orders to the new buyers?

Again, we didnā€™t ā€œchange our minds,ā€ Enertion broke the original agreement. Then Enertion broke its follow-up promise of delivery within the next month. Then when we begged for an update and didnā€™t receive one till a month later, Enertion failed to deliver on that deadline too.

Are you kidding me right now? Stop treating us like idiots.

5 Likes

So I solved it. It finally fucking works. Not because of the support help, but because of my and a couple of friendā€™s knowledge of embedded systems. So for the next person, you donā€™t need to flash the bootloader. You need to flash the firmware directly, on address 0x0800000. This fixes all issues I was having, indicating the firmware was damaged before.

13 Likes

I really like the Unityā€¦after never getting a response from Enertion, Iā€™ll think twice before purchasing another Unity. Maybe Enertion should scrap board production and stick with the Unity. DIY is the futureā€¦not hub motorsā€¦my opinion.

7 Likes

Enertion need to stick and focus with unity and single focbox only (bring back) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

Get out of my head. lol

4 Likes

lol, because you already took them all :rofl:

2 Likes

No I actually had a change of heart and thought I would give them one last chance to work something out in a perfectly reasonable email.

"I have just been reading a post on the Esk8 forum where Carl has explained some of the reasons why there has been delays in the deliveries of the Raptors and about the large amount of chargebacks that have been hurting the company.

I recently submitted a trader dispute with QCAT about my order, as I never received it within the stated time frame (I ordered back in May). No one showed up to the mediation meeting this morning despite several copies of the documents being delivered to Jasonā€™s addresses.

I had planned to post several messages to the thread on my experiences just now, until I came across Carlā€™s comments on why there have been delays. As much as Iā€™m tempted to be spiteful and discourage anyone from buying products from Enertion, I understand sometimes there can be problems in coming up with the capital to purchase the parts. Iā€™m not saying that excuses the lack of planning and the promises of deliveries for stock you donā€™t have, or the blatant ignoring of messages, but if you guys are in dire straits and are genuinely trying to resolve these issues, I thought I would at least give you a chance to respond first.

I have since purchased another board and have no need for the Raptor anymore so am still seeking a refund. However, if you are not able to supply a refund at the moment, I understand. What I would like is some sort of confirmation from you guys stating when the refund, plus QCAT fees, (because to be fair I didnā€™t receive a response the entire week before submitting) will be paid. If you arenā€™t in a position to refund it right now, let me know when you are and we can work that out."

They never replied, so I decided to undo the post deletion. I could simply get my bank to do the chargebacks, however Iā€™ve decided to take them to court.

10 Likes

Good luck. I hope something comes of it. Enertion just needs a slap in the face/wake up call to turn into a decent company.

My mediation with Enertion is on Monday. Pretty sure Iā€™ll get the same turnout as you JollyRoger. When I have my order to pay from the tribunal, iā€™ll be taking Enertion to court also. If people still have money in Enertions hands, itā€™s time to talk to your bank, lest you risk losing it permanently.

As much as Enertion can ignore Tribunal hearings, they canā€™t ignore a summons to court. They will need to lawyer up, creating them more costs, and taking away more of their time, and it could likely end up with the company being found to be unable to service itā€™s debts, and bankruptcy/liquidation could follow.

I honestly hope this works out well for everyone, but I canā€™t see it happening.

5 Likes

Aaahā€¦ how I love waking up to some good Enertion Bashing in the morning.

And yesā€¦ itā€™s very well deserved. I can remember how all of you guys said - give 'em another chance - give 'em another chanceā€¦ Where are you now ?

3 Likes

Just do the charge back even if you win in court they cannot force him to pay you and if he liquidates the company he will get away with not paying you that way too.

Call your credit card and do the charge back they will get hit with the$50 fine but you WILL GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!

dont let them fool you they think everyone is an idiot and they can rip us off and string you along with false promises

2 Likes

If they file for bankruptcy then everyone is focked (bar themselves as there are several ways in not having to pay a cent after bankrupt). Thanks.

1 Like

My biggest reason for not wanting enertion to go bankrupt is getting Bara paid

15 Likes

Iā€™d freaking donate to the guy if he set up a fund.

6 Likes

If enertion doesnā€™t do him right (lol) thatā€™s a great idea

5 Likes

I feel for the guy, i really do. Heā€™s been nothing shy of forthcoming and supportive, but theres only so much water you can bail out of a sinking ship.

2 Likes

This has been their way of doing business since the beginning. Lots of promise and little delivery. Everyone needs to stop sending their money based on empty promises and the problem might go away.

2 Likes