German Esk8 Laws

That article should be corrected, into: “Anwohner löst fahrlässig einen Feuerwehr-Einsatz mit E-Skateboard aus”

Obviously not stored correctly (possibly even charging) but it’s a good example for everyone who put their board next to other flameable materials day after day.

My German knowlegde is pretty minimal but there is something with a board that caused a fire somewhere?

Now the big question, was it a DIY or prebuilt…

1 Like

The real question here is: Will this affect the decision on whether electric skateboards should be legalised or not.

In my opinion is kind of dumb and ridiculous to use this particular cases to ban electric-skateboards. With that mindset we should ban cars and any other appliance that can be set on fire spontaneously.

Although I think it should be regarded as cautionary tale for all of use that we are after all dealing with a battery.

I just hope this doesn’t set back any conversation on our direction.

Yes an eskate lit some shit on fire in a staircase. Doesn’t give any proper details though.

Deutscher Bundestag – 19. Wahlperiode – 5 – Drucksache 19/3006

1. Welche Arten von Elektrokleinstfahrzeugen sollen bis zu welcher zulässigen Höchstgeschwindigkeit für die Nutzung auf dem Gehweg und welche auf den Fahrbahnen zugelassen werden, und welche Vorgaben für Mindestalter, die Kennzeichnung und die Versicherung sind vorgesehen?

Elektrokleinstfahrzeuge sollen im Verordnungsentwurf u. a. mit einer bauartbedingten Höchstgeschwindigkeit von mindestens 12 km/h bis maximal 20 km/h definiert werden. Die geplante Verordnung über die Teilnahme von Elektrokleinstfahrzeugen am öffentlichen Straßenverkehr beinhaltet zulassungs-, fahrerlaubnis -, genehmigungs- und verhaltensrechtliche Aspekte. Elektrokleinstfahrzeuge sollen zukünftig verkehrsrechtlich wie Fahrräder mit der Maßgabe besonderer Vorschriften behandelt werden.

https://kleineanfragen.de/bundestag/19/3006-neue-entwicklungen-im-bereich-der-elektrokleinstfahrzeuge-und-chancen-fuer-die-verkehrswende.txt

4 Likes

Danke dafuer werde ich mir gleich mal durchlesen.

Apparently this is happening in 2018

1 Like
6 Likes

Is it just me coming in here everyday to see if there are any updates on this? :slight_smile: I hope esk8ing gets legal before the first snowfall…

1 Like

I´m positiv it´s gonna be this year for us!

3 Likes

literally.

2 Likes

Is it legal yet? If not, does anybody know the current situation in München are the police cracking down on eskaters?

Sadly true… law sucks so bad here

till now I never got stopped, but I would ride carefully and fake kick push if you see the police. Also only shred there where you are sure to be safe.

P.S: We started a München WhatsApp group ride chat. Feel free to contact me if you would want to join. Would be cool to slowly keep growing :slight_smile:

Thnx for the info only staying in München for a few days so no new member for the eskate group in München :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ich fahre trotzdem auch wenn es nicht erlaubt. Ist. :rofl: gibt genug ruhige Straßen.

That what I where thinking to if I just keep it civilised it should be okay. Just checking if it was as bad as Berlin.

Btw i’m not actually German

1 Like

Hello! Anyone here from Darmstadt/Frankfurt area? Would be nice to get together somehow. I got stopped by police once here in Darmstatd and in the end they where nice. They just told be it’s illegal and you can’t ride it.

I faked saying that I was not aware and I apologized saying that I would take the bus. From that time I try not to ride anymore during the day :frowning:

1 Like

all you guys don´t forget to pin you on the map here, so we can see where you at and maybe organize something from here :wink:

3 Likes

There are some bad news

3 Likes