General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

Are the v4 SD ready to ship?

1 Like

I am not in charge of speed r Or xl department, I only know as much as you guys know for speed r and xl , as the updated stated we so have everything for speed r and just need to assemble them, we are shipping

Is this semi hub thing patented? Why aren’t there other producers?

It’s not a hub motor – the wheels have normal hubs. It’s a direct drive

If we’re into word games direct drive means that the power coming from motor has no reduction, it can easily be belt driven with 1:1 ratio. Term I used is closer to the truth in a way. Also that wasn’t the essence of my question.

1 Like

So when are the ones for the group buy gonna ship?

The Carvon SpeedDrive R from the group buy are some of the ones currently shipping. The Carvon SpeedDrive XL from the group buy have not quite started shipping yet. They are shipping at a slow pace, but shipping…

1 Like

That’s good to know. There was only 30 on the group buy right? With my luck, I’d probably be #30.

Got up to 37 today on my v2.5’s. Fast as I need them to go for now.

1 Like

How have your 2.5s been overall? Have you had any issues with them?

I highly doubt it is patented. This is the first ‘axle mounted, direct drive’ or whatever it’s going to be officially termed, but I hardly think that is patentable. That would be like boosted board telling every one they can’t make a satellite style belt drive system, or the first to design a hub motor being the only one to make motors in the hub… I don’t see how this could be any different. They connect to the wheels spokes the same way that many belt hub connectors did, so nothing new was really made here.

which do you prefer, the raptor or the carvons

1 Like

For speed CARVON.

Will have to disassemble eventually to maintain the bearings but so far so good!

1 Like

I just got my shipping confirmation for my pair of V4 SD

1 Like

bled dry, got mine ordered!! I am so excited!!! I know it will probably take awhile, but well worth the wait =)

:heart_eyes: just got my confirmation for my v4 sd too. Need to get busy. Crap still don’t have front trucks. Totally forgot about that.

what truck you going for bruh?

All that bitching and moaning and you didn’t even have the trucks hahaha. Good to know you guys will be riding these awesome drive soon! It’s about time!

Don’t forget to spit truck purchases since they sell in sets and you only need one.

1 Like

didnt c an option for trucks on the site, where you find? i will need front and rear for my particular setup…