General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

For those who don’t know. This is the noise it makes. The adaptor prongs move just a tiny bit each way and sounds like somethings loose in the motor. I added heart shrink to each prong and that resolved it. Jerry is working on something to resolve this minor issue. Oh, and mine is a V3 not V4 so my prongs slightly wider

1 Like

I am but jerry hasn’t read my messsge :frowning:

How much would you be selling for?

Ccan you get a side view picture? I want to see how tight the spokes are.

1 Like

Mine are v3 adapters not V4. The gap eally wasn’t even visible

Basically just put a flywheel and clone side by side and you will see the difference

BTW someone has already done that and posted a video go to YouTube and type carvon 4wd

1 Like

I have done that, but their geometry is different in general. The knockoffs have a 7mm spoke while the flywheels have a 4mm spoke. The core diameter is different by like 1-2mm. I have 3D printed adapters for my own DD but mine fit way tighter than that. I’ll take pictures later

Aren’t the little “nubs” the only thing that’s the same? Not the spokes but the things between the spokes

1 Like

Are the ones from the GB getting shipped?

carvonshredder

Those edges will devour plastic - should be knocked down with a file before use.

1 Like

Jerry is going to sandblast them

Will Gerry sell any of the motors that people got a refund on love get my hands on set and was impossible to get an email back

They are not! The nubs on flywheels are taller and wider than on knockoffs.

1 Like

Well I know you can buy the racing speed drives now. When they came back on sale, I bought one and canceled my torque drive. So they are likely going to sell more of those as well.

2 Likes

Nice one think the xl will go on sale ?

No clue man. I jumped on that boat as soon as they came out.

1 Like

Carvon 4wd drive up hill test Things to keep in mind , wet road ,motor settings were at half , recording with one hand , I was at half throttle

2 Likes

it’s really hard to get a sense of how steep it is.

but…is that elysian park?

barnsdall art park

I realized the sound you were talking about and it was driving me crazy, so I put some electrical tape on the outsides of the coupling teeth and it seems to have removed the movement altogether.