General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

On the Carvon motors?

Sorry no :yum:

If you wanted a trampa with carvons you’d need to find a 5-15 degree baseplate… So the end angle is around 40-50 degrees. Trampas are wedged 35 degrees…

Good luck finding a baseplate with that low of angle…

2 Likes

It’s actually 35-40mm sunk into the hangar… depending on the spacer combo used

This is a 80mm setup… 70mm and 40mm of spacer with bearings won’t even touch the threads… 70mm axles have 2 bearings, one 10mm wheel spacer inside. And then one 10mm spacer and two 5mm spacers. You can have the full 20 of spacer outside the wheel for 35mm sunk into hangar, or 15mm of spacer for 40mm sunk into hangar. A 70mm axle with 30mm of spacer and two bearings leaves 42.67mm of axle exposed not including the head of the shoulder(axle). 15mm of spacer leaves 37.67mm exposed.

I don’t understand this as I can lean across the stars. Are you using thier crappy stock bushings??? Lol.

3 Likes

The pic is weird, but this is a TB 218 hanger cut down to 11in & re-threaded 5/16-24 to match the Carvon v4 TorquDrives width.

3 Likes

I still need to grab some Blood Oranges. The stock SR bushings do seem pretty lackluster, but I haven’t actually ridden them yet

By joves… it’s about time :slight_smile:

@joeadams101 – both regular and XL?

SurfRodz arriving tomorrow…if only I had something to put in the rear :yum:

5 Likes

if only I had something to put in the rear :yum:

You’re making it too easy there sir haha

5 Likes

Thats what She said!

ba dum tsss :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Rodz came… rear end feels neglected

4 Likes

That’s a personal problem. Best find another forum for that issue

8 Likes

This is a very helpful place, you never know…

3 Likes

A rear end should never feel unloved, because there are endless numbers of rear end lovers.

How do I order Carvons, their website never has stock available, are they still under development? What’s the ETA?

Oh dude…:open_mouth: You can’t order em…but maybe some people will have some extra available

Somebody tell him the bad news

Torque drives are the only ones you can order at the moment just have to accept that these are modified hubs that are used in the newest Koowheels. The SpeedDrive and XL’s were limited runs that’s sold out. Not sure if they will offer them again. I would say yes because we love them too much

1 Like

Still waiting on my kickstarter drives… :confused: better come back in stock

Kick starter as in the group buy ? That they had around december ? Or so