General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

I like the BLDC noise too, especially during hard brake. Sounds like a Tie Fighter. Helps with pedestrians.

2 Likes

I switched the my 4wd Trampa over to BLDC last night to test higher current settings. Its crazy loud on 4 x 8085mm motors. I think my whole neighborhood could hear me :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Haha 2017 equivalent of a chopper.

1 Like

Sounds more like nails on a chalk board mixed with an amplified fax machine to to me hahaha

4 Likes

Guess you can kiss that NEIGHBOR OF THE YEAR nomination bye bye lol

2 Likes

I think testing my big bore race fueled two stroke dirtbike with nitrous costs me that award every year :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

That’s ten times less cents than usual

1 Like

Lol… Not sure your implying I should stfu more. Haha

Ha ha. No, I just didn’t know anyone used mils anymore. Two of those is $0.002 or 0.2¢

Hahaha. Must of autocucumbered that period in there

1 Like

Hey guys I have some issues with my V3

I changed my battery and went with 12S when I was on 10S everything was working flawlessly. Now when i plug the motors one will spin the wrong side. I switch 2 phase wire in every combination possible and it wIll never spin, when i switch 2 phase wire the 2Nd motor will stop working properly as well. This is seriously weird AF. I tried every way possible nothing is working. Help would be appreciated

1 Like

do a new motor detection after the wire switching. Should work after that.

1 Like

U might have pulled too hard on a sensor wire or need to re detect. Try sensorless operation in the vesc if redetection doesnt work.

I finally made it out in BLDC but FOC won’t work. It’s really weird because in BLCD it will work but when i try to ride the motors don’t give much torque and make some very strange noise like it’s struggling

1 Like

That same thing happened to me before. Foc didn’t work, and bldc was loud af. Turned out that my settings weren’t being saved due to drv blown

1 Like

So go figure i out I just read default config end then re did all the procedure again and it works…

Have you checked for faults as suggested by @Michael319?

When u run Foc detection does it complete normally? How about during sensor detection?

I forgot to type fault unfortunately. All the motor detection + sensors went flawlessly. Then once both motors were configured it wouldn’t work. Went for a ride 12S5P with 30Q is a freaking dream. The sag is not even noticable at 10ish percent

3 Likes

I have noticed as well the motors get way more hotter with 12S even tho it’s very cold right now where I live I can’t even touch my motors after 20 mins ride bombing crazy

torque drive!