General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

I just want to sliiiide…

E:Uphill.

E2: Actually no. That sounds dumb. I want to keep my brains right where they are…

how many you got? =)

2 Likes

Yeah Superflys are heavy and look huge on a skateboard but there’s something about they feel that I really like. More cushion for the pushin?

think of it this way: if your brains spread all over the street, it would be like sharing all of your awesome ideas at once. Sure we won’t be able to separate them from the fatty tissue that once safely suspended your neurons but we’ll know you meant well and we’ll respect that.

2 Likes

I just started a poll regarding the delivery times of Carvon:

Please take this as a scream for help about understanding what what is going on and not meant as an assault or anything like it.

Thanks

Does anyone know V3/V4/XL come with temperature sensor? (@Michaelinvegas) From @BigBoyToys experiments this will be a key factor in taming these things.

Yes they do, assuming XL will too

2 Likes

Anyone in here have a lot of experience riding both belt and these DD systems?

Trying to figure out what I should expect coming from 6374 190kv belt on 107mm w/ 16/40 to a v4 xl. Also v4 xl awd.

1 Like

Do you have a dual 6374 belt drive?

Im pretty confident youll find that a V4 XL dual on 107’s will be slighter softer from a start but pull harder midrange and to a higher topspeed.

Per the calculator the V4XL’s would give you vwry simar performance to your current board if you use 97mm flywheels on them. Please do it for science and tell us!

1 Like

Yeah belt. So you are thinking just not even AWD mid and top would be stronger than belt!?! That’s surprising.

Damn so maybe AWD would even surpass on the lowend?

My AWD torque boards hubs (130kv) and AWD Carvon V2 (149kv) board geared to 40mph and 50mph respectively have more start up torque than dual 6374 boards geared for 30mph. So yes I would say definately considering the low KV rating of the V4xl.

@BigBoyToys omg V4 SD XL in the rear and V2 in the front (85kv x 149kv) How insane would that be?

Wouldn’t you just be limited by the lower kv motor at top speed though? Or would one pull the other essentially.

How much testing has been done with mismatched setups like this?

Tempting. I guess he only downfall would be the clearance to motors (rocks etc)

How much does a 12s5p and system weigh all up ? 35 pounds or so?

My 12S6P AWD V3 on 107mm flywheels weighs 29lbs.

12s6p!!! Holy smokes.

Who makes an enclosure that can fit all that? Also which escs (I know each has a different form factor)…

@psychotiller made a 40mm deep version of his 25" enclousure.

I use FOC box’s.

2 Likes

@BigBoyToys I count 10S there. Where are the last 2 binding?

1 Like

They are in there somewhere lol

1 Like

I have a few questions regarding the v3 speed drives if anyone could help me out.

1. What type of pivot cups do they use? This is what I’ve been looking at: https://www.muirskate.com/longboard-guide/bushings/pivot-cups/

2. I am using venom double barrels top and bottom which are a lot taller than the stock bushings. The issue is I now can’t tighten the kingpin lock nut to be flush without the trucks being incredibly tight. Is it possible to get a longer kingpin or shave the bushing to fix this?

Any help is appreciated This is also post 1000 woaah