Gear ratio on 100mm flywheels

Hi there! I was lacking in speed and i started out changing the gear ratio from 16/36 to 20/36. i used the 80mm kegel wheels. This increased the speed and the tourq was very god. But i want to go faster…! :slight_smile: my motor is 192kv 6373. Jused bought 100mm flywheels to increase the speed. but should i go back to the old 16/36 ratio…? can the motor handle the “workload”???

I would go back that ratio so you have something to “Upgrade” to when you want even more speed. and the motor will be fine, the esc will probably blow first!

1 Like

There’s a limit to having a higher velocity over torque. If you decide for a 1:1 ratio from the 192kV you will need a running start to get up that hill and probably the second motor.

Your motor should be fine handling that but just remember that you will be pulling more amps which means a higher chance of blowing up your esc

where did you find 100mm flywheels?

2 Likes

I’m with î where did you find them

I guess 97?

In which universe 100 mm flywheels? I think he reffers to 97 mm.

1 Like

I run 16/33 with my 107s I get 36mph with my 10s batt I should get 43mph with my 12s once I hook it up

You need to test it your own board and then decide, no one is going to give you the answer you are looking for but yourself

2 Likes

Hi again sorry… i ment 97mm and not 100mm. my current setup is this: esc 150amp x-car 6s x 2 in parallel 6374 190 kv. 97mm flywheel 20/36 gear.

i dont have much hills to climb here in denmark, and i always push-start…
tryed out the new setting yesterday… (cold as hell!!) and reached almost 26mph (about 42km/h) Im a very happy with the speed… and lets see if the esc breaks… im planing to upgrade det esc to a Vesc in the spring… Thanks for all the reply!

yes, of course. sorry. it is 97mm

2 Likes