The AVIO Urethane Gear Drive

@nuttyjeff I can send you my SR RKP once I get my hands on it. I’m treating it currently as a spare as I can only use one SR truck on my current build. I’m unsure as to when I’ll be receiving it though as its coming from the US and is still being worked on. if its cheaper for @skunk to send them to me instead of directly to you, I can take care of shipping and forward that as well

All this time I thought you were in Europe or US lol

Haha nope. Used to be in the US, am not anymore. Sure, PM me if you need any details, i’d love to get a surfrodz version going too.

3 Likes

So regarding Surfrodz, which model truck is the most common? RKP or TKP? I need a dummy’s guide to this truck as i’ve heard some good stuff about it but not too sure about the differences. Wouldn’t a RKP be better than a TKP for high speeds for example?

yeah thats true, RKP for stability at higher speeds. TKP is just super dive-y and carvy on lower speeds making it ideal to use on carver or cruiser builds.

I just stick to RKPs generally. they’re precision trucks with great stability and zero slop. They cost more and are only made in the US so getting them outside the US is not as easy afaik

1 Like

As for the truck profiles, are they the same or do they have different hangar shapes?

RKP and TKP have different hangar shapes so mounts would need to be specific for each but should be easier to do on the TKPs due to its geometry from what I’ve read

1 Like

I think i saw a TKP before, it has an octagonal shape. Great info, thanks!

1 Like

For sr tkp, I would be interested :slight_smile:

AFAIK, the are the tkp https://www.surf-rodz.com/content/tkp-hex-10mm These are the rkp https://www.surf-rodz.com/products/trucks/176mm-reverse-king-pin-truck-kit-10mm

1 Like

damn, making one for the TKP is easy, RKP is a little more challenging.

1 Like

Damn an rkp press fit gear drive would be beautiful :heart_eyes: edit: perhaps one that mounts to a cnc press fit piece and makes use of extended axles/spacers

1 Like

I’m up for doing it…

I’ve designed stuff before and I have ideas for a 2 gear drive system that I would do better than this existing one

1 Like

I do for RKP 200mm.

5 Likes

@nuttyjeff :arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up:

Would you mind passing me the .stp file?

1 Like

Links to files here https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/ceramic-surfer-arbor-highground-modular-flight-ready-12s-lipo-220wh-dual-5065-140kv-surf-rodz-rkp-97mm-gt2b-commuter/30020/37?u=lrdesigns

Interested!

1 Like

I see, is it the length that’s the issue right ? Would something like 6350 or even 6345 doable ?

Working with gears on a daily basis I have seen metal and plastic that are in contact with each other and have worn down, even plastic on plastic has worn down. How hard is POM? It is a very interesting concept but worried about longevity. Is there a possibility of a kegel core adapter.

@nuttyjeff amazing progress. I’m in for a pair at these prices (thanks for your slave labor).

Would prefer SR RKP myself.

3 Likes