The AVIO Urethane Gear Drive

Closed 55s have those knobs at the end don’t they?

yup they do. and I that knob isn’t measured in total length figured I could always shave it down to get them to get clearance but I’m not 100% on that

Edit: just checked out maytech’s site and the motor size shows 6354 but its titled as a 6355. odd, probably 6355 including the little knob already

6355s from maytech are actually 62mm in length, i have a couple myself. With e calibers and tb218s, you can get away with it, no problem.

1 Like

If you can actually get these drives down to $150 each I will actually throw $300 at my screen even though I shouldn’t spend anymore money on this cursed hobby

6 Likes

Story of my fucking life :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Hahaha. Im not earning from these drives, so i can sell them really cheaply for the community to get into gear drives :slight_smile:

Aw man, dont throw it at your screen, send it via paypal, that way ill actually receive it hahaha!

Ill keep the cost as low as i can, especially since it’s the first run.

10 Likes

Will you consider selling partial kits, and share parts of the kit or at least some critical dimensions for printing on a limited basis?

I assume it would be cost prohibitive to produce herringbone/helical motor gears, and I would love to be able to purchase most of the kit, but print nylon herringbone gears. My fully printed gear enclosure thing for TB mounts didn’t really work out in the end, and some purpose built mounts like yours are looking really good right now… But I don’t want to go back to Spurs after trying herringbones. :yum::sunglasses:

Want… but i got rid of all my caliber trucks when i got a second set of Surfrodz.

2 Likes

Secret santa idea for @Skunk Caliber trucks :smirk:

1 Like

I can buy those for under $30. I just gave two pairs away. I want gear drive for my surfrodz. Lol Looking at these i have some ideas tho

3 Likes

Hi.i have a 220kv 2200w alien power motor with a 8s lit ion battery pack and a Vesc. i wan to programmate my vesc. could you help me to fill in the parametrs in bldc tool program?

Yo, i think this is not the right thread for this. Make a post and we can try to help there!

I am reading this :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Help me mr moon. I want gear drive on Urethane lol. Was looking at this set up thinking if i drill holes maybe i can bolt it to psychotiller clamps on TKP SR trucks.

3 Likes

Honestly I would pursue but I would need at least a couple more interested - just to even release below cost price so I can have some

3 Likes

I think if @nuttyjeff has the profile of the surfrodz truck, it can be done. But i won’t promise for him. If he does make it i might convert to a SF truck too.

1 Like

I know a few that would jump on a set

1 Like

will someone be willing to send a truck over to @nuttyjeff? :grin: honestly I would go for this because I still do like precision trucks over cast calibers

1 Like

I could possibly sent a truck to him if he was open to the idea If you are @nuttyjeff send me a message.

1 Like

It’s on you now @Skunk! Send your hangar! hahaha

1 Like