Gas Money saved

What do you guys use for commuting on rainy days and in winter? I use my esk8 regular to work and back - but only when there’s good weather. It’s fall here, I’ll grind as much as I could into the winter but below 0C degrees I won’t even bother anymore - public transportation is the logical answer but I really dislike to depend on it… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Personnaly only rain stop me. Even when it’s below 0 i take the board since taking the subway would mean triple my commute time. Just a good coat with gloves and full face helmet and you can’t be cold.

Rain is a bummer, at my early stage of eskating few years ago i would take the board with rain but with all the problems with bearings and stuff it’s a bad idea. So when it rains I take the subway. But it’s a bummer. If i could commute everyday on esk8 i would !

Money is one of the reasons… but the real point for me is RIDE& NO PARKING. Those make worth it sk8 instead of cars.

1 Like

Especially the ride home is best part of the esk8 commute :slight_smile: haha

Do your batteries sag more in the cold? They don’t have as much performance/juice under zero degrees C.

Every ride is the best ride haha Even more since I have those V3. Seriously I just can’t get over it, I feel like I’m on my old longboard… but I have breaks and can hit 50 km/h easily. no noise and smoothness is everything…

About sag I can only tell with my belt set Up from last winter. And i would estimate the drop in range of 10 - 15 % in my case. I think that you don’t lose much because you store your board inside at ambiant temp so the 15 - 20 mins ride I do wouldn t do much. With 10S3P for 7,6 km with lots of hills on my way in normal temps i end up with ( almost everyday ) 60 % ( belt or carvon V3 apparently the efficiency is the same ) During Winter it’s more like 50 - 45 %

With belt drive with 25r cell i would sag at around 30 % with the V3 the sag is from 60 - 50 % and it’s very annoying. I have to finish the build for my V3 soon so i can finaly enjoy the drives at their full potential.

A good solution would be to go at least 10S4P or even 5P…I do around 7 km daily too, my route to and from work (no hills) consumes around 1Ah or roughly 1V from the battery. I charge my 10S4P 12Ah to about 41.4V so I can easily make it through the week with one charge and still have around 36V left. 33V is the lowest I’m comfortable going. So that’s around 40-50km of range with dual 6355 190V in foc and 97mm abecs.

Big wheels keep on turning :grinning:

Eager to find out what winter conditions will bring though.

I have not mentioned that the V3 are hooked up to another board while I finish the 12S5P for the carvon. I will have 30Q cells so i shouldn’t have any sag. I just couldnt resist when i recieved them and I had to use it !!

1 Like

I’m so jealous. Been waiting for mine since August. What’s taking so long? Winter is coming.

I have pre-orederd the minute it went live. Supposed to ship may I got them early september. It might take some time. I asked on intagram when we will be able to by speed drives again and he couldn.t even tell me.

@Crossfire Well I live in the country and drive ~60km to work every day (takes about 35-40 minutes). I just park in the Coles carpark next to my work building and usually there’s only 1 or 2 cars in the whole carpark, so I always get my spot. Pay parking also just isn’t a thing in a town this big. If I could esk8 to work I would (even if only to avoid the ~$70/week fuel cost). Maybe one day if I move into town I will. For now my Audi makes for a fast and comfortable ride to work.

Oh no what happened to the enerion web site? They don’t sell the build parts any more? What the funk?

1 Like

That happened a while ago…

They stopped since a looooong time

@JLabs is your man now

OMG it’s a good thing they did cuz the stuff they had was way over priced. I can see that now shopping around.