FVT Firmware Update [PSA: Make sure you have the right firmware]

Don’t need the usb link it’s just a mini usb.

Ok, I will see if I have one. Thanks!!!

Okay, got the firmware updated, but need to use the old firmware right now.

How do I get the factory firmware? If u got a link that would be great!

I heard that once you go to the board firmware it’s extremely difficult to go back. I also heard that the stock firmware is preferable over the e board firmware. But maybe they have changed something since then.

did you get a chance to ride with new firmware? How does it ride? I heard one of the other complaints about it is you are no longer able to configure any of the options anymore.

No, waiting on a remote. Should be in the mail today, but the tracking has not been updated for 4 days so Idk if it is lost or not.

It will be very tough to get the original firmware. You will need to contact FVT directly. Personally I do not like the skate firmware on 6s. On 8s - 12s it’s ok. Maybe check on Endless-Sphere. I think someone has the original firmware on there.

What didn’t you like about the eskate firmware on the 6s? Acceleration was too slow?

Correct. And the brakes are all or nothing. No progression at all. At least the car Firmware has three levels of breaking.

I tried out the firmware and it flat out does not work. No beeps and the motor does not spin. I tried 2 different esk8 firmware for it and they both didnt work. I then found the stock firmware and am having problems with it…

When I brake at high speeds the brake pulse every 2 seconds or so, and it take for ever to slow down. When going at slow speeds, the brakes are wayyyyy to weak. So PSA, do not change the firmware of the FVT esc.

I regards to brake, what setting do you have for brake strength? I raised mine to 50% and it works good.

I think mine is at 80%. And I still get pulses.

What FW version are you on our did you try?

SKATEBOARD_120A_FVT.hgm & 80120_141114.hgm & Skateboard_breakLine_150926.hgm

@Mobutusan

I found that the pulsing goes away when you set the brake power to 30% or something lower. They are still strong enough to make me come to a stop at that percent.

Anyone here try flashing a 12s Opto HV from ali express? Trying to figure how to reproduce torqueboards ESC… the hardware is only like 60 bucks…its the firmware that I cant seem to nail down.

Unfortunately I do not. I placed an order and requested they come pre flashed with the esk8 firmware.

Anyone else looking for the 6s Firmware and Updating software, please visit: https://electric-skateboard.market/downloads

I don’t suppose anyone has a copy of the 160627 firmware on their computer? The links have gone bad and the firmware on the fvt website are no good.

Thanks

I have 160606 and 170818:

Thank you, I will try this out!