"Frankenstein" 1st Build // Earthwing SuperGlider Longboard // Unbranded "Esk8 Market" 190kv 63mm // 10s LiPo (5 x 2s 5000mah 60C) // Abec Clones (90mm) // VESC

I would get one with built in AC power option

Caliber II trucks with riptide barrels/cones/pivot cups. 90mm wheels. Waiting on the board and VESC.

1 Like

Your gonna love those WFB pivot cups. They’re self lubricated so they never make those annoying squeaky sounds that stock pivot cups make. On the Krank bushings, you start with them hand tight (snug) and then tighten them 1/2 turn at a time up to 2 turns as needed until you find that perfect balance of lean and stability.

Oh, one thing I forgot, you need bearing spacers for your wheels so that you can tighten the bearings down without causing the wheels to bind. I use these heavy duty spacers and they are the bomb!

1 Like

Totally stalking this thread as I’m hoping to accomplish the something similar. Just a quick question, what is the significance of requesting 2 modules. Are you talking about the PCM itself, or some part of the interface that accommodates 10s? Thanks for all of the great info BTW.

Bestech has a minimum order policy. You have to buy at least 2 PCMs. They call them modules.

Sweet, thanks for the heads up.

THE BOARD HAS ARRIVED! Ready to get started man!

3 Likes

So I ran into a problem with my charger. My batteries are rated at 5.3A. The charger only goes to 5A. :frowning:

EDIT: Nevermind. I can restart the charge after 30 mins. This should allow me to charge to max A.

All the part (minus the PCM and VESC).

Going to charge up the batteries and start working on mounting the motor mount.

First charge.

1 Like

Going to mount the trucks/risers and wheels to test the bushings and pivot cups.

Cheap Chinese Abec Clones…

1 Like

the charger’s 5a max is probably the charge rate not the capacity limit. The capacity limit is adjusted in the settings menu

1 Like

So, I’ve tested the batteries and they are charging just fine. I should discharge them before starting to wire them in series?

Also, I think I may have to get slightly bigger risers. Got some wheel bite doing some sharp turns.

You don’t need to discharge the batteries before connecting them in series. In fact I feel it’s better to have them fully charged and balanced.

I’m using 1/2" risers with 83mm wheels. That works well for ground clearance, motor clearance and wheel well clearance.

UPDATE: Board and wheels are all doing good. My VESC still hasn’t come in yet. I’ve contacted Ollin for an update but to no avail. Here’s hoping they come in soon

I’m going ahead and starting on the battery soldering and PCB.

So after some preliminary design building, I realize that the enclosure I had purchased is too small to handle the batteries, and also too long for the board.

Ugh.

You might be able to shorten the enclosure. Which one did you get?

Btw: Since you ordered 2bms’s from bestech, might I buy one off of you? (planning on building a 5*2s pretty soon :slight_smile: )