For Science | Loaded Overland | 6x2 Solid | Diyeboard 10s5p | Diyeboard 2.1 esc | 6374 170KV

I’ve been looking for a cheap 6x2 setup to try the concept for another build, spotted @dickyho was selling some cheap 6x2s with some extended Paris clones ended up buying a AWD setup with 4x 6374 170KV for $350. Well worth the risk… if its horrible to ride I can forget wheels ever existed and I’m left with some long Paris clones 4x long mounts and 4x6374’s :slight_smile:

I was upgrading the motor bullets when I realized the ones I was cutting off fitted the Diyeboard ESC … next thing I know I’ve created this monster

I knew the Diyeboard pack would suck but I justed wanted to prove 6x2s and a tail works and was mildy interested to see if the diyeboard ESC drive the 6374s.

these extended Paris clones are really good value (standard on top) image

wheels vs 83mm image

wheel pulley image

44t I think image

fitted pulley image

extended mounts image

motors image

that damage was me not noticing they were painted and storing them badly image

complete image

impressive clearance between the 6374s image

finally used my 3" bolt set image

the result

and I thought it had silly big wheels before… image

Bajaboard:to ‘new guy’ “and WTF are you?” image

so far done about 50 miles on it, I’m presently surprised at how much fun it is to ride, I can ollie of kerbs no problem its quite carvy and does not feel as ridiculous as it looks :smile:

as for the sag with the Diye pack

no throttle… image

this was what it ended up at, after dropping as far as 39.1 image

2.1v of sag with no load, its still really fun to ride :smile:

6 Likes

How much weight is one wheel with pulley?

are those pneumatics? :o
or solid core? know if dickyho is selling more of those?

As title says, solid

I can check weights next time i take wheel off

I do have to say it’s not exactly precision got myself a caliper measure to see if I can get these pulley bolts equal

He sells in Europe only as something to do with US customs not liking them - maybe due to the little orange man with too much power, you have ask @dickyho

Have to say for 4 x motors and mounts I’m quite happy with the value of what I got :slight_smile:

Looks like fun. Vid footage?

I remember those good old times. Boy, does that pack suck.

1 Like

Will do vid next time I’m out, it makes a better sound than you’d imagine

I had this lying around or I would never have bothered trying I might pop in a flipsky mini dual get some Bluetooth stats on it - is for science after all :wink:

@telnoi vid uploading now

I actually managed my first offroad air lol

@b264 turns out tails and off road work really well !

8 Likes

This is amazing :heart:

4 Likes

it really is much more fun than I ever expected

I think my Shred Machine build might be getting some @Kug3lis style pant sh*ingly quick motors, some fatboys and direct drives - totally happy with how my idea of off road + kick worked out :smile:

full disclosure I was down to one wheel drive by the time I came back from this ride hehehe

7 Likes

Damn bro u need full bindings and go crazy… :smiley:

2 Likes

Got a link to the trucks? Those look as wide as tb218s

That looks like the most fun esk8 ever

I got them directly from @dickyho

I see them here also https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/dual-motor-setup-for-sale-can-hold-dual-6374/67037

@Kug3lis I like the skateboard feel - that’s gone for me when I’m stuck to the deck - i guess if I’m going thru too many pants I might resort to bindings :wink:

@b264 if it had a little more pop it would be perfect :slight_smile: but I don’t want to to try my cheap setup on my Machine deck, I want those ‘first feels’ to be with the best parts hehe

1 Like

turned out the ESC didnt like the bumping around that much and I crushed the JST socket connecting each part of the ESC image

all fixed :slight_smile:

how’d you fix it?

Straightened up the pins and glued in place - not pretty but works :wink:

1 Like

this truck, you could consider it as 235mm hanger.

accelerated down the hill to make sure I had momentum to make it up the other side, so solid wheels and angled bumps do not mix -first time my hard elbows saved me, knees and pucks also took a hit but I got up smiling :grinning:

hits 2" angled bump that bajaboard does not even notice… image

I wish I had a footstop about here… image

just as the rear hits the bump image

oh ohhh image

6 Likes
2 Likes