For Sale: Firefly Esk8 Remotes and Parts Kits *No longer accepting requests*

I chose that option as well. So, does that just make it easier to update that way, or is it programmable to some extent?

@uigiroux Easier to update because you don’t need to open the remote to load to the Arduino

@Kit sure man shoot me a PM

With all this talk of FOCBOX’s, this isn’t just for the FOCBOX is it? It’ll work on any ESC essentially right? I realize that’s probably a stupid question, sorry in advance, lol.

Uriah:

1. read a lot
  2. if it doesn’t help create a thread with things you don’t understand, tell us what you understand and let people help you instead of spamming every topic

It should work with any VESC in UART or PPM mode or any ESC in PPM mode.

3 Likes

As I said I’m sorry for the question. I apologize if I upset anyone, that was the last question I had. Thank you.

4 Likes

judging by all the posts I’ve seen you on…

I sincerely doubt that was your last question hahahaha

:stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

Submitted an order I want this!

I love the white but I ordered black because white gets dirty too easy especially while skating

4 Likes

@Battosaii agreed. I put in my order for black for the same reason.

always wanted to make this but the part list was just too long and I’m just too lazy. definitely would be great to sell the necessary bag-o-parts!

thanks for offering this @SeeTheBridges

3 Likes

Two questions:

1. Where are you sourcing nrf? Are they reliable units? Do you test them? What range? What connection speed?
  2. Are you printing according to Solidgeek’s instructions? “When printing the parts I recommend printing the enclosure (top and bottom) facing down so that you won’t need any support. Use a high infill (+60%) and a low layer height (100-200 microns) to get a nice surface, and a strong remote. The material isn’t crucial, nonetheless, a carbon infused PLA adds that extra bit of strength, and give the entire build a more robust feel.”

Alright, let me try and address some of the things going on in this thread since I got back from shipping a remote.

A portion of every remote sale will be donated to Solidgeek as per our agreement for me to sell these.

My Firefly is the white one with Blue accents. I’ve been using it for at least a month straight almost exclusively. I don’t think it’s staining at all.

As for selling kits, I’m not opposed to it. It would actually make my order volume a little easier to handle as well. I’m not sure there’s any good way for me to offer a complete kit though including wiring. If I offered just barebones kits with all of the components and housing (Optional?) without wires, would people be interested in that?

and to your questions @webst, I’m sourcing them from aliexpress. They’re pretty reliable, but when they fail they fail. I am planning on testing each remote and receiver, prior to shipping them. I test them out to around 30 feet for a reliable braking connection through wooden walls. I do print exactly to those specifications no. I do print at .2mm layer height, but at a 20% infill. I haven’t found higher infill percentages to be necessary on my prints. they’re quite sturdy at the current settings I have. If anyone has concerns over they can gladly shoot me a message and we can discuss a higher infill if they so choose.

5 Likes

If people want strength, look into increasing shell count. This usually produces stronger prints more efficiently compared to infill.

1 Like

I placed an order in the form, when and where will you be accepting payment?

1 Like

He’s most likely doing Paypal

1 Like

Yup like Jc quoted, I’ll be sending out PayPal invoices as remotes get finished. I’ll also be sending out confirmation emails as I begin printing your housings. If anything changes or you’d like to cancel just shoot me a message and I’ll strike your name off the list.

5 Likes

I could go for this. For me the most annoying part of diy is having to look all over the place and possibly order from a bunch of different vendors. Having all the parts ready to assemble cuts down a lot of time

Couldn’t you just add some sufficient lengths of wire to the kit? It’s really just another component. The only other thing needed is some halfway decent instructions or wiring diagrams and that’s it.

1 Like

He released a few very well explained video tutorials on the process as far as instructions go :smiley:

2 Likes

True, I forgot that he posted them at the top of the thread.

2 Likes

Mmm, I could certainly try and do that, but I’m just worried I give someone what I deem is enough and then they run out. Then they come back complaining to me that I ripped them off bc I shorted them on wire. I’m just not sure I wanna risk that

1 Like

I dont think its necessary to include wire, that should be something anyone with a soldering iron has or can source easily. If you do just post the lengths included in the kit and then everyone knows before they pay. I appreciate you doing this, its a very complicated BOM to source, which is why most people haven’t attempted this.

5 Likes

You can get the mini trigger remote (reliable as hell) for £20 and you want 100 this? day light robbery haha