For Sale: Firefly Esk8 Remotes and Parts Kits *No longer accepting requests*

haha, I don’t blame you. It’s really not hard though. That’s what my youtube guide is for :wink:

Oh I know I watched it. I’d rather give you the business though for putting this all together :slight_smile:

1 Like

Quick question. The receiver can do PPM or UART, right? If using UART, that means we cannot use the bluetooth module for phone app telemetry?

The receiver can do both PPM and UART. If you’re running dual VESCs via can bus, you can use the Firefly receiver on the master VESC, and BT on the slave VESC for phone telemetry

2 Likes

About how reliable do you feel this is in comparison to a 2.4ghz mini remote

im pretty interested, if i get one now when will it be shipped ?

@willpark16 I dont own a mini remote to compare it to unfortunately, but my firefly has been quite reliable since I’ve been using it.

@Ubbiedude Unfortunately, due to the order volume I’ve received I’m not sure I can get to batch 3 remotes until Early august if things go smoothly. Parts kits could go out as soon as late July if there’s enough interest, but you’d need to assemble everything yourself.

1 Like

All black Firefly remote landed yesterday!

Remote feels really solid, powered right on and made a steady connection to the receiver. Trigger actuator and thumb wheel are smooth, and nothing rattles loose inside :smiley:

Will try to grab some photos today. If you haven’t, I’d spring for the receiver case, those wire connections are very fine and you want to protect them inside your board

Thanks again @SeeTheBridges!!

8 Likes

Wow, that was fast. Can’t wait to get mine.

Sign me up for a kit then, I have no issues with putting it together myself

were you the 1st pre order?

Go ahead and fill out the Kit request form then! :smiley: I’ll get you confirmed and invoice sent out.

Little update for those of you asking about higher quality prints:

I printed this last night with .15 layer heights and and fine quality details. It took 1.5 times longer to print, so I don’t think I can be printing every remote at this quality level. It would just take too long

1 Like

That looks baby smooth.

Maybe another option for th smoother print , $10-$20 more ?

I’ll pay the extra cost, I want that quality :slight_smile: That’s not just a slight improvement, that’s dramatically better.

1 Like

Filled out the form, is there a posibility that I can get the stl file for the 3d parts too? I filled it in for the complete set but I want to print some replacement parts if I break it lol

Thats the first layer we see there, right? Try to lower you nozzle just a little bit, and you will see these lines dissappear by 90%. The difference in layer height shouldnt show in x and y direction, only z (upwards). I think if you tune your printer a little bit, you should be able to print them in 0.3mm layer height, and still have very decent quality. :grinning:

1 Like

from

It’s all open/free. @SeeTheBridges is just helping us out assembling.

3 Likes

Is there anyone who can sell higher quality prints? I can use 3B Hub services but I’m pretty sure many of us rather support each other.

I sold my 3D printer a year ago because it had a small print surface. Never got another one

I’ll take a look tonight.

@SeeTheBridges Also anyone interested in 3D print production should give an honest look at MPCNC (could knock out 4 parts in the time of 1).

5 Likes