For Sale: Firefly Esk8 Remotes and Parts Kits *No longer accepting requests*

The BOM costs less than $25 aswell but its not my problem

Then get a mini trigger remote :woman_shrugging: Or you can follow my YouTube guide and build one of these yourself! The playlist is in the first post :video_camera: I’m not gonna try and say this is the best value remote out there, but people asked for complete remotes and this is the best I can do as a 1 man operation

17 Likes

38.26 materials minimum (As from @solidgeek’s specifications) + Shipping Materials + filament cost + printing time + labor (which is matriculate as hell as I’ve seen @SeeTheBridges fiddle with this months ) + Slight Modifications to ensure the remote works. $100 sounds right to me, especially for something anyone has the ability to make on their own time

9 Likes

I appreciate the rest though.

Very labour intensive, I think price is reasonable

1 Like

I charge $100 for my GT2B remote mods, that’s about $30+ for about 1 hour of labor which is cheap compared to my day job. I always point people to my video of the process and tell them how easy it is, but people are willing to pay to be lazy or not having the urge to learn.

As long as you accept what you are paying for, life would be so much easier. Because everything is a mark up.

12 Likes

I like many things and I can build this but i honestly dont have alot of free time due to working 12 hour shifts 5 days a week for the past 3 years so I’d rather use my precious free time building other things. The remote to me is well worth the price and i think it’s more than fair for the amount of work he’s going to be doing.

4 Likes

Yeah, this remote does a lot more. Maybe think before you let stupid fall out of your mouth and start insulting people…

13 Likes

You have no clue dude. Ugh…

And ^^^^ what he said. :wink:

1 Like

I feel like it’s more than worth the cost. Hell I would have paid someone at least $20 just to source and put together the BOM into one nifty package to ship me. That alone is going to bring you to $60. You’re paying for multiple things not just parts. While SeeTheBridges did not create the original design (portion of $100 going to solidgeek), he spent the time to learn it all, assemble and test before even offering the product/service.

I dunno if everyone has been through the og thread, but damn. It’s a read. Say you can source all the parts + shipping for $30, and own/have access to a 3D printer. You’d still need to learn the assembly and programming, obtain and wait for all the parts and not in one easy package, and to stay at that price point not fuck anything up your first try.

For those that don’t want to spend hours learning the project, ordering the parts, yadda yadda, $100 is a steal. Especially when compared to commercial remotes with less features and worse components for half that price.

If you are the person who can order everything, learn everything, get it done well, and WANT to do it all, then you never needed a remote from SeeTheBridges in the first place. :smiley:

7 Likes

Where did ‘insult’ people? And hows my comment stupid? i simply stated you can get the mini remote for £20 which is a fact! if you wanna pay $100 for a remote thats fine but dont insinuate im stupid simply because iv a difference of opinion than yourself.

I get your point dude. But it’s like saying why would you buy that car instead of buying that shopping cart to ride around in with your family. They are in two totally different classes. :wink:

You can basically buy everything cheaper if you want to sacrifice quality, specs, ect… :wink:

the mini remote is one of the most reliable on the market… different classes? Im this remotes great but, Just because somebody pays more for something doesnt means your better, nor does it necessary mean a more expensive product is better than something costing less!

Show me where that mini remote displays live data. Also this mini isn’t. The GT2b is. But neither display live data.

I guess I can change my analogy for you. It’s like buying a car with heaters, a/c, and a sound system compared to buying one without. You pay more for what you want. :wink:

Yes. They are to totally different classes.

1 Like

Show me where i said mini did show display live data? i didnt so hows that relevant to this discussion… And yes i get what your try to say but again its a matter of opinion, everyone has one and they sometimes differ but that’s not to say one is right or wrong!

I never said you were right or wrong. It seems you’re not seeing how this IS relevant to your post. You’re comparing two totally different types of remotes buy their price point. That’s like coming into a Bugatti thread and saying you can get a Honda for cheaper. The Honda can’t go 267mph. Not relevant at that point.

Anyways. Done here. Don;t want to derail this thread too much. The price is where it’s at because of it’s features, not being mass produced, ect… It’s how it goes. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Can you ship to Sweden? With my option it will cost 125$, but how much will the shipping cost? Good work @SeeTheBridges Bra jobbat @solidgeek

@Highwon I could probably ship to Sweden, but it’s prohibitively expensive to do so. I did an estimate for UK shipping and it was an extra $40 to account for international shipping via US Postal Service. I’d probably suggest just looking for someone else in Europe making them tbh.

@JamesNothing Sorry I think I missed responding to you. I could possibly try and do that? I’d be worried about something getting damaged in shipping though. Not to mention international shipping is quite expensive

TL;DR: $45 kits for the first 10 orders, $60 after that. $7.20 shipping. Payments due when ordered, delivery would start early/mid July.

Alright everyone, I’ve got some questions for those of you looking to just buy Firefly kits. I can order and assemble kits for you all, but with the volume of assembled order requests that I’ve received, I need to reconsider when I’m taking payments to be able to be able to do this efficiently. In order to be able to offer kits along with shipping batch 2’s remotes at the same time, I’d need to take orders and payments for kits now. Now my question for you guys is how many of you are interested in parts kits? I’ve been spreadsheeting like crazy trying to get some hard numbers on potentially doing this, and here’s my results.

1. A lot of the parts for these remotes have actually gotten slightly more expensive since I bought batch 1’s parts back in late January, so moving forward I may need to restructure my pricing for assembled remotes slightly. For kits however, I’m going to need to be charging for shipping separately as a consequence of this. I’d be charging $7.20 via flat rate priority mail for the kits.

2. If I swap to cheaper generic capacitors for the receiver kit, I can offer the first 10 people who order kits a price of $45. After that, a price increase to $60 would be necessary in order to cover my next point.

3. There is no way for me to adequately test each and every part of the kits I’d be selling, so I had an idea. The most troublesome part of doing this build is definitely the NRF radio boards. Solidgeek has even mentioned they have a habit of breaking, and although I haven’t found that to be the case as of yet, it influenced this decision. I want to include a spare NRF radio board with every kit just in case one arrives DOA.

Now timeline wise, I don’t want to make any promises that I don’t have any control over, but looking at average shipping times for these parts makes me think if I get Kit orders placed and paid for in the next week~ish, kits could hopefully go out by the first or second week of July. Then thereafter I would also keep stock of them available to ship when ordered.

Sorry for the wall of text, I’ve just been giving this a lot of thought.

6 Likes

Thanks for going over everything for the kits. Some questions.

The 3D printed parts, can you make them an option?

Can you make the budget vs namebrand capacitors an option? Honestly I’d pay for branded every time.

And what do you anticipate the price for assemled will be? If the price gap between kit and assembled is close, I’m sure most would opt to have your cheap (at that point) labor. :slight_smile:

I’m in for 2 or 3 kits at the first batch price, and I can print my own plastic bits.

Gonna go watch yoursassembly videos now.

@deucesdown Yes, the price points I went over include EVERYTHING needed to assemble a firefly. 3D printed parts, wiring, and the spare NRF board.

I could make budget and name brand capacitors an option, but it would be an extra ~$4 to account for it on each kit since I would be ordering name brand parts from trusted sources within the US already.

Assembled remote prices are already covered in the first post. I’m just gonna eat the slight price increase on components. So kits are looking to be $60 (after the first 10)+ shipping, while the base cost of assembled firefly will stay at $100 for now.

As far as selling kits without the 3D printed parts, Right now my pricing only factors in the cost of filament used. I’m not even putting a $$$ value on the amount of time it takes to print or the troubleshooting I have to do when a print fails. So while I can ship kits without the parts, I can’t lower the price an significant amount.

And I just realized I never factored in PayPal feeessssss. I can’t afford to eat those costs either… a flat $9 for domestic shipping could cover it.

1 Like

Does this mean $9 per unit, no combined shipping?