Focboxes @ Enertion cyber monday sale

I had a little bit of complaining earlier. I will admit it because there were orders that took several weeks to be shipped when today’s people are expecting items to be shipped out a few days after the order. I have been waiting because I know they are the best and the price was great. However with the delay it was a little irritating but it was mainly because we were not given any reason why besides the money clip. If you had come out and said hey guys this is the shit I have been dealing with like you just did I think this thread wouldn’t have gotten out of control and basically become a witch hunt.

Thank you for being real and open with the type of stuff you have been dealing with. That is really all I ever was looking for is a real answer and not kind of corporate answer.

3 Likes

Problem is that they weren’t “real and open”. They hid and gave nothing answers until they had to face they music. I probably wouldn’t be so willing to type this if they were.

1 Like

Sean, things were mostly going well until they weren’t…

This is a very difficult industry. Many before us have gone broke and failed in the process. People have lost their houses over this fucking industry.

Just remember, We have been shipping FOCBOX globally for month’s from “in-stock” and people were getting them in just a few days… We also had secured enough stock to start suppling to Resellers (on credit so they can try to build up some cash flow and grow). That situation took at least 3 years to setup. Things don’t just happened magically overnight. Blood, sweat and tears.

Yes, I agree we have some very experienced team members onboard and that is something I’m very proud of, because its my goal to be the market leader, without a solid team we can’t succeed… But they cannot magically transfer their years of knowledge to our support team. They also can’t predict the future…

Unlike any other vendor, We also have 24/7 customer support incase people have questions anytime of the day all over the globe… Do they know exactly when you will get your wheel’s? NO, believe it or not all shipping timeframes are estimates… Nobody can predict the future. Are the customer support team expert esk8 builder’s? NO they are not… Do they know about the legal issues of mold ownership transfer? NO they don’t… Do they try their best to answer the thousands of various questions about everything esk8? YES… Are they perfect NO… Is anyone?..

This team has taken over 12 months of work to setup, they are improving every day. This all takes time.

As usual, things were going well until they weren’t… Like when you crash your esk8 and break your bones… Why don’t you plan to avoid that? People have been breaking bones for ever, so why does it still happen? Because shit happens.

Yes it is possible to have contingency plans in place. But it takes time and money. Setting up a contingency plan to replace our project management team would take approximately the same amount of time as it does to get the primary team operational in the first place. If we spent all our time setting up contingency plans it would take us twice as long (6 years) to get to were we are now. It would be the year 2020. Imagine if I said your raptor 2 was going to be 2 years away (mellow)

Infact the only true way to have contingency is run dual operations in parallel. Very complex & expensive for a small operation.

Dude, I understand your hurting about Xmas. I’m sorry im not running the business of your dreams…

I promise i’ll try harder.

1 Like

I spoke about these issues immediately…

I fired the old team on about the 7th of December, was in china on the 10th sorting it out. Updated everyone immediately.

2 Likes

I plan to break bones when I esk8. Why wouldn’t I? That’s why I have insurance and a bank account. Same strategy I use for when I drive cars. I also had my 1st will done up. I’m not a dummy. Anyone that rides a blank of wood at 30mph and up should.

You’re now treating me like I’ve seen you treat others when they question, get angry, ect… ie., “I’m sorry im not running the business of your dreams…” That is a very back-handed statement. I don’t want a dream company. I also never asked for one. I want a company that does what they say they are going to do. Why would it be our fault for expecting to see what you guys state come to fruition?

You haven’t even bothered to answer any others posts until I decide to get pissed off on the internet (which I NEVER do!) and state facts. Why??? We’ve been here with our money in YOUR WALLET!!! If it were the other way around I’m sure you’d feel the same. Am I wrong?

P.S- Just stating a fact here. But if you focused more on doing what you say you’re going to do (and having the employees to make that happen) you could have more customers like me that spend a significant portion of their yearly earnings on your company. Shit! Just get 10 dumb, ignorant pieces of shit like me and you’d have yourself $60,000 a year easy!!! Just think about that dude.

P.P.S- Fuck this shit!!! I’m going to ride my R2 to blow off some steam!!!

1 Like

Sean, not sure how many businesses you have been involved in. But literally 90% of the time is spent solving problems. If you go into business expecting everything to be perfect or thinking you won’t make mistakes and not being prepared to solve problems, failure would be very rapid. It is impossible not to have problems, sometimes it seems people are asking us to be faultless?..

Warning to all: If you expect Perfection or instant gratification you need to Shop elsewhere… Because we can’t promise those things.

I’d argue that if you never make any mistakes you will never make any progress… It’s all part of enertion becoming a mature company. Maturity & experience in business is counted in decades. Not weeks or months.

If anyone has questions you would like me to answer fire away!

All I can do is keep working to solve problems and with the balance of my time I’ll focus on innovation.

Maybe one day I’ll have all the answers, I’m truly sorry your not happy man.

You will just need to wait until we are better.

5 Likes

Look, arguing and complaining about this isn’t helping. I know it sucks, i’m waiting on orders myself, but you need to understand that Enertion are doing everything they can at 200% effort to make us all happy. The best way to help @onloop and yourself is to just sit tight, more stress will only create more problems which will just slow things down.

Honestly, I’m pretty upset too. But at the end of the day, you just have to consider the best course of action with the best outcome, which is to just patiently sit tight.

2 Likes

Seriosuly? What makes you think I have everyones money in my wallet?

All the money is spent, the suppliers have it already.

Maybe you don’t understand…

Let me give you an example, These new wheels were ordered over 5 months ago…

Designed them 8 months ago.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTREiiSgizb/

Finally got samples in December (with wrong logo printed) https://www.instagram.com/p/BcWQlMunKOt/

Spent 30k on the molds alone… That money comes from profit selling other parts and raptors etc.

All I’m trying to do is make awesome products that people want… It ain’t cheap or easy. Nor does it gain me any praise.

3 Likes

I’ve been personally involved in three actual companies that still run today. Those businesses also ship when they say they are going to. I order twice a month from 2 out of the 3 still to this day.

When was perfection mentioned at all? Please quote me.

So… When you said that our orders will ship in a week, what did you actually mean then? Did you mean that we should all recognize a new business and expect delays? Did you mean that we should all know the history of esk8 purchasing prior to buying? Because that is the polar opposite of what you guys were marketing all over the place. You guys marketed In “Stock Products” that will ship in a week. Now we’re finding out that they aren’t in stock. I’m not sure how I was supposed to expect your company to have delays and that you’re a “new” business. Wouldn’t you market in that fashion if that were that case because you’re company is so transparent?

I’m not sorry that I’m unhappy. I’m sorry that I trusted what you said to us, the public. And then after the fact, you decide to use back-handed replies and sarcasm. I’m not sure how to explain this to those that I urged to order from you considering the fact that sometimes you sound like a total dickhead when you respond. If you didn’t reply with such a dickhead response, I would probably just say that the company ran into issues.

Nothing you said is right. I don’t agree at all. Thanks for your side of this though.

You should expect them to fuck up. It’s what happens ALMOST every time a mold is made. I work for a company that has done the same work for YOUR company. It’s how I know. :wink:

I want the wheels too man… They are at my wheels factory… Legally I don’t own rights to them… Doesn’t matter that I designed them and paid for them…

It takes time…

Yup. Ordered 5 months ago… Next time I’ll order 7 months in advance

45 days lead time was quoted

Just so you know. I’m not mad at YOU Jason. I’m mad at the people YOU chose to do business with. In the end it’s YOUR choice. I want your company to get bigger, richer, and keep creating. But I also don’t want those that find it to sit in the back hearing a CEO get sarcastic towards them when they get angry because you said something and didn’t pull through.

To be honest. I have 16 people (friends & FAMILY!!!) that I referred to buy R2’s from you. They purchased. I didn’t use the code to get referral money because 1.) I don’t want money coming out of a small business’s pocket (I’ve blatantly supported, posted about your company, and referred everyone I could to purchase from you guys. 2.) I work for my money. Refer to #1 . I’m partly responsible for their money being held on to. I’m sure with all the money taken in you can understand that. And when an unknowing customers buy something they don’t expect month after month long wait times with excuses to follow.

I get asked every other day why these delays are happening. Normal buyers don’t care about your business. Normal buyers don’t know about esk8. Especially your deceiving %110 refund if you’re not happy! That means we will still lose out on %10 just to get refunded our money for supporting your company. That’s fucking crazy!!! This is why I’m speaking out now.

@onloop - hang in there. I feel for you, im coming under some of the same problems here in the UK as I am trying to set up my own buisness ( been waiting 5 months for the R&D team to build one machine that I designed that they quoted 50 days to build and test. ha ). Luckily im in the position that im doing everything behind closed doors as my company isnt in the public yet.

I know I bashed you (only a little) in the past for the delays. but I do stand by it, just a little more communication and everyone would have been on your side and understanding ( thats if you could, I know legal stuff can get pretty messy)

and finally, your producs are amazing, so I would like to say thank you for working so hard over christmas to sort things out. I would end it on “keep working hard” but youve already done loads, so ill end on, “here is to you not working too hard in the future”

2 Likes

How long will it take humans to figure out exactly what dark matter is?

2 Likes

And I’m telling you I fired the entire project management team over this… it was a Huge call to make.

I’m rebuilding the supply chain again… What else can I say?

The products are only going to be better and supply will eventually be stable…

Everyone is going to get their orders…

I’ll have learnt from mistakes…

I suppose in the end people can choose to support us or not…

2 weeks…

3 Likes

Sean deep breath – everything will be OK. I get just as worked up at times. Remeber skateboarding is feral teenage emo culture. Feed that somewhere. Your stuff will come. Deep breath. Love :slight_smile:

1 Like

We are not deceiving anyone man. Why would you say that? 110% refund is if you are not satisfied by the performance.

Read the terms and conditions if you are not sure about how things work.

Also, We have a 20% cancellation fee for very good reasons, it helps us to avoid insolvency… everyone loses if that happens. This is not related in anyway to the performance promise.

If people want to support us they can pre-order early and get a big discount on a product that is being developed. We are sacrificing a huge portion of profit just to get this product to market. Without support it doesn’t exist.

All my friends and family want a raptor 2 also. But they are not ready, it sucks

Once again, I’m really sorry I can’t make production go faster.