Focboxes @ Enertion cyber monday sale

Thanks, so in theory I could spend it on something you do have in stock?

1 Like

@CarlCollins

Are you saying that if we want a refund for the non-existent wheels we will only get store credit?

2 Likes

@bigben

Exactly and the good thing is it wonā€™t get expired.

Hi Sean

If your order contain instock and offstock items together then there is only store credits for refund.

So If I want a full refund on the focboxes and wheels that I ordered I would only get store credit? Is that what youā€™re saying?

Orā€¦ Are you saying that any out of stock item that was purchased will only receive in store credit? So I could get my money back for the focboxes and only receive store credit for the wheels?

Your order will get shipped in a week three months from now :laughing:

@SeanHacker. Sounds like now that they have your money, you dont get anything

2 Likes

Yep. Youā€™re exactly right. Iā€™ve been pretty out loud about how much of an Enertion fanboy Iā€™ve been over the last year. NOT ANYMORE! Iā€™ve spent around $6,000 on their website over the last 10 months and have waited over and over and over for Enertion products. Iā€™ve even referred friends and strangers to them. To which Iā€™ve received some backlash due to their lack of being a stand up company. This time I thought it would be different considering they publicly stated that if we ordered on Cyber Monday our products would be shipped in a week.

I really donā€™t care for their excuses anymore. Iā€™m still not sure why I would choose such a company that consistently lies to their customers. Sure. Enertion can call it transparency. But thatā€™s not whatā€™s been happening. Itā€™s all marketing their huge fuck ups and then calling it transparency.

4 Likes
2 Likes

People chose them simply because no one can provide a well priced contender to the focbox. Until this changes they kind of have the monopoly. I too have spent a lot of money over the last couple of years because there is no other financially viable option. When someone gets it together to sell something at a comparable price and reliability Iā€™d imagine people will vote with their mouse fingers if the supply chain is reliable.

1 Like

Looks great! Thanks for the shoutout my PayPal finger is getting itchy again :joy:

Iā€™ve got some pg7 glands on the way which I will be checking into using, can hit the case up with a tap should I go that route, is there enough space for a receiver? How does it mount without tabsā€¦maybe questions solved by another prototypeā€¦once again kudos for giving the focbox a home

As I mentioned earlier its pointless to put any communication device inside alu case it will absorb all radio signals.

2 Likes

Ah yes you did mea culpa

Tried it, didnā€™t work well. After approximately 20 linier feet of cutting the blade was so dull it would either drag a line or shred the griptape (both sides up attempted).

Iā€™m doing some fairly intricate designs that require more than 100 linear feet per sheet. Iā€™m also working on laser engraved deigns for the top of decks. As well as engraving and cutting many other mediums including but not limited to griptape, decks, wheels, laminate sheets, etc. and some substrates outside of the esk8 world.

Iā€™ll be doing.some.free griptape and decks as I get setup. After that Iā€™ll be selling pre-made designs and customer designs. More info coming soon.

6 Likes

Thats correct @kug3lis its called a Faraday cage

I understand your totally pissed off Sean (and everyone else who is waiting)ā€¦

[Sean not directly speaking to you here but your comments fired me up]

So Let me get this off my chestā€¦ delays suck, I get it, trust me I have spent the last 3 years waiting on my overdue orders. But guess whatā€¦ life is really shit sometimes and stuff just doesnā€™t go as planned & crying doesnā€™t help either.

This is a grass roots industry, everything is being built from ground zero. Every esk8 vendor is a startup with basically zero experience. Enertion is a tiny piece of shit and our suppliers donā€™t give a fuck if you are happy or notā€¦ & Shit happens.

So Please, everyone try to get over itā€¦ if you canā€™t, simply take a refund and walk away!.. we donā€™t need this drama right now.

[Sadly, this thread is trending hard with ā€œsupplier bashingā€ themeā€¦ this negative energy will ultimately push all the best vendors to quit this industry, itā€™s happening now! Goodbye Chaka]

Yes, enertion will do refunds, however we prefer if you donā€™t because it really hurts our business especially during these tricky situations when everyone (lawyers) are draining us of cash. It also makes it extremely complex for our administration staff and the newly trained order fullfillment team when we keep cancelling things that are awaiting shipmentā€¦ ā€œdonā€™t confuse the new guyā€

Incase anyone doesnt know whats going on let me tell you all againā€¦

We fired our entire china project management team at start of December, they were in charge of parts procurement, warehousing and fullfillment and Raptor 2 productions.

We fired them because they continuously failed to deliver and clearly werenā€™t scaling well with us (yes we are growing rapidly)ā€¦ The last straw was after the cyber monday sale ended, at the end of November they didnā€™t have the money clip or the wheels available to ship as promised (wheels which I ordered fucking 5 months ago!!!)

The cyber Monday sale was a huge success, our biggest month on record! Thank you all for the Ordersā€¦ I had been planning the event for at least 4 weeks in advance and gave china team plenty of advanced notice. In my mind everything was set to go.

ā€¦Itā€™s really sickening when I put so much effort into somthing and get let down by others who donā€™t seem to care. Yup life sucks and shit happens.

Everything was due to be instock and ship out by first week of December. Yes the fucking FocBox (over 500) were in stock and ready, they have been in stock for many weeksā€¦ I had worked extremely hard for 2 years, struggling with at least 5 different PCBA suppliers across the globe who couldnā€™t meet demand or quality requirements, to have them in stock and i finally fucking succeed, yippee for me ā€¦but who cares if you canā€™t actually ship due to legal disputes.

Firing the china team started a dominoes effect of endless shit fights that is still going on nowā€¦ Itā€™s literally 12 months of hard work developing our supply chain down the drain. Itā€™s going to take fucking months and months to rebuild againā€¦ yippee for me again.

Meanwhile i should be enjoying Xmas with my 3 & 1 year old children and with my wifeā€¦ But instead, Iā€™m in the process of packing up my entire house and everything I own to move 3000km away, over a week and half drive across a country with intermittent internet access, to a new city for my wifeā€™s new job. Somehow, each day I still need to be to be holding the hand of our new project team and solving all the problems and fucking legal issues just so we can simply ship our products out to our loyal paying customersā€¦

Seems the entire world is against me right now! I canā€™t even turn to the community I built for support because you all want me drawn & quarteredā€¦ Thanks guys! Yippee for me again.

For anyone who actually gives a shit about the truth, Let me summarise what happened after ending the contract with the project management team in December.

1. They stopped communicating with us and suppliers.
  2. All pending orders got ghosted. Money clip & wheels etc.
  3. The freight forwarding company got blocked / no comms.
  4. Legally we were blocked from using own wheel molds / or taking delivery of parts made in molds.
  5. All Undelivered parts got blocked.
  6. I was forced to pay over $100k upfront to try and get our stock.
  7. After counting stock we realise we didnā€™t have everything. More complicationsā€¦
  8. Weeks of negotiation and bullshit to try and get orders sentā€¦

This matter of transfering to a new team and the fullfillment of hundreds of orders is mostly rectified now but still hours and hours of work to do.

Yes the wheels are still at least a few weeks away. Pending legal ownership transferā€¦ (Just remember I ordered them 5 months agoā€¦Iā€™m fucking sick of waitingā€¦)

It took me 12 months to setup this team in china, it will probably take another 12 months to rebuild a new supply chainā€¦ But this action was needed for Enertion to grow and to achieve our goalsā€¦

Guess what, Crying wonā€™t help me solve these problems, Iā€™m just going to keep doing what I have always doneā€¦ fighting hard to build a sustainable business and keep developing the best products on the esk8 marketā€¦

So, Just 4 weeks delay and our shipments are now moving again?.. Considering what has happened this is a fucking miracleā€¦ Yippee for me again.

Also, donā€™t forget, If you folks cannot wait for uber cheap FOCBOX, support your local certified FOCBOX supplier and send them your order insteadā€¦

Just remember, Enertion has delivered 100% of our orders, sometimes later than expected. But we always deliver!!

P.s. If this community wants to keep trashing vendors who are working their guts out there will be no vendors left.

This is not a marketing message.

Merry fucking Xmas and happy new year.

31 Likes

Alsoā€¦Please keep the thread on topic guysā€¦

Itā€™s Enertion bashing. Not fucking Lazer cuttingā€¦

23 Likes

I keep preaching ā€œthis ainā€™t Wal-Martā€ but some people donā€™t understand the issues with supply chain management and the sustainability of shipping models and product development.

Keep doing you and donā€™t let the naysayers get you down. Good luck on the move. Itā€™s sucks, been there a couple of times myself.

4 Likes

Next year you should sell on Cyber Monday a $110 FOCBOX with optional $10 discount for ā€œNo Complaining or Public Bashing before product deliveryā€

When you fired the China team, I hope you fired them hard :slight_smile:

4 Likes

At least the sense of humour is still operational! The grown ups are chill

4 Likes

@onloop

I get everything youā€™re saying. But it seems to me like after all the Raptor 1 business, selling parts, ectā€¦ you would have learned the whoas of business. Everything you stated is nothing new and upcoming businesses actually plan ahead for these kind of things so that when they happen, their customers for the most part donā€™t even notice. Youā€™re acting like youā€™re brand new or something. Thatā€™s whatā€™s eating me away right now. You know these things! You already learned these things! You stated that yourself in the many videos that I followed. Thatā€™s why I thought that this whole R2 venture along with the wheel selection deal was in the bag for you guys. I get it. Youā€™re a small business. So why continue on like a never ending KickStarter???

I have my R2. I fucking love it! I got it 8 months late. I donā€™t care about that at all. Thatā€™s a great time for a kickstarter!!! You killed it on that. You also make great products! Itā€™s not why Iā€™m upset. Here is the real reason why Iā€™m upset. There was only one part in the few parts that I ordered on Cyber Monday that I was going to use on my daughters 1st eboard by x-mas considering sheā€™s begged me to make her one since helping me build my 1st. I actually promised it to her. With your companies statement of ā€œshipping within a week,ā€ I thought that ordering a product a month ahead would be just fine considering what your company stated. Would you disagree? Now that Iā€™m upset Iā€™ve only gotten the ā€œweā€™re a small companyā€, and ā€œthis is how is goesā€, and ā€œthis is their faultā€ excuses. Itā€™s not manufacturers fault. Itā€™s your fault. You should have known to expect these types of things. These types of things that are happening to you have been happening to everyone in business way before you were even born. Thatā€™s why in business we usually pay people to account for these types things before we use customers money. But with the days of crowd funding you guys seems to take others money without a care in the world.

P.S- You did a few things right in my opinion over the last year. You made the Raptor 2. And you hired 3 of the best guys to have on your team. @Blasto, @barajabali, and @JohnnyMeduse. As far as I can tell, they are the only guys on your team that know what they are talking about and will do something about anything. I will never talk to your customer service again considering the lack of help that they are. Iā€™ll stick to these 3 guys. If it werenā€™t for me just all around liking you as a person @onloop, I would say this company sucks. But I really donā€™t think the company sucks. I think your companies strategy sucks!

3 Likes