Focbox vs. Flipsky FSESC 6.6

Focbox > flipsky < TB

3 Likes

One doa and the replacement was sold here to a forum member and he’s had to send it back to them in China already for repair.

Not worth the hassle afaik

1 Like

I did group buys for a lot of the 6.6 and they did well and the few that broke, possibly user error, they offered to fix if sent back

@winfly is doing another go so u can get it cheap.

Think I will go with the Focbox then. It probably won’t be my last ESC so I might check out Flipsky later on.

Unity sell for 199 right now on enertion website

how is this even a question lol

What for dual setups? For me it would be comparing 400€ vs 230€. Is double focbox really 130€ better than the dual fsesc 6.6?

How about single motor setups as well? And is the warranty worth it on the focbox?

I would choose flipsky if you are going over 60000 erpm, if not I might consider focbox instead. But you can order Unity for that price and I would take Unity over both. Here you can se a size compare I did between flipsky 6.6 and Unity: IMG_20181114_163104

1 Like

I think you have that backwards. Focbox > flipsky hamds down. Plus the focbox has a 100,000 erpm. And most newer 4.12 hw can handle over 60,000.

1 Like

Not from the test I have done. Maby focbox> flipsky 4.12 but not 6.6. With the 6.6 I did get better and smoother performance with 6.6 then focbox. It was also not as warm as the Focbox. However the Unity have been superior from the small test I have done so far. Please show me a video with Focbox doing 65 000 erpm or more

… Forget I said anything.

Actually that is not the price… the $199 unity is only offered as an add-on if you purchase the hub motors which cost over $500!!! Otherwise its $300 for a unity preorder…$400 regular price

1 Like
1 Like

Sorry it was never my intention to sound snotty. You might be right I havnt tested my self the Focbox that high erpm but I have seen alot of them blow but maby I’m wrong and their is other reasons for that…

1 Like

You’re good bruv lol. That 100,000 erpm hing is still kind of unknown lol. And you may be right in your tests as I’ve to get use any of the duals. I do have a dual 4.20 that I’m hesitant to use.

which is more efficient? anyone tested that? the 6.6 claims a high efficiency design.

Honestly, despite the one DOA I received and the hassle they made me go through (possibly due to translation barriers) I still like flipsky… I own 2x 6.6 singles and a 6.6 dual. The dual has around 300+ miles on it already and still going strong (I purchased the dual from Cory and Benjamin over at @hyperIon1) for a mid price range device I’d say it’s pretty good.