FOCBOX UNITY | Support, Setup & Troubleshooting

@Deodand Can confirm that the new firmware fixed the Unity I did have over current cut out with on full throttle. Got a crazy friend to go full throttle a few times from stand still and no cut out on the same board. :+1: Thanks!

8 Likes

@mackann definetely the final tester for madness…if it works for him we are all safe :smile:

3 Likes

Today @rpasichnyk was visiting our workshop and fixed so you can now run metr app to do motor setup/wizard! Nice if you dont want to jump between the 2 apps or use iPhone!

1 Like

Does it mean that you got the module to replace the internal unity Bluetooth module? Or what?

1 Like

In a few weeks i think it will come. The motor setup works with the normal metr on Unity now

Damn I just bought 2 days ago 2 metr pro :sweat_smile: Do you know how to use metr with the internal UART port?

Does it matter which phase wires i plug into my motor?

As long as all three are from the same motor you’re fine.

1 Like

Cant u get cogging if the wrong ones r connected?

No the motor will just run in reverse, then you can change any two wires to solve that.

Question, lets say the Hall sensor detection test does pass in focbox tool on some Torqueboards DD motors but the sensor table is just filled with 200 and 255 values and focbox UI does not recognize any sensors. Any ideas what might be the cause? checked sensor adapter cables etc. both motors are exactly the same.

Play with the direction of the motor to see if it is working. I’ve seen some motor with sensor issue that will work in one direction and not the other. You could also try to swap the motor, to see if it is a motor or focbox issue

1 Like

Screenshot of the config would help.

First I did just the wizard on focbox ui on my mobile. all good but the sensors. So I tried focbox tool over usb and did the foc hallsensor detection, it passed but as I said the values in the sensor table are invalid.

Would really apprechiate a TCP bridge or native BT connection with windows on the tool. Its a pita to open the enclosure all the time. And an odometer and stuff would also be welcome but I am sure this is on your radar already.

I will try to switch the motor cables and will take some screenies at the same time.

If they are all reading 200 it just means all the halls are staying in a single state. That should be counted as a fail. My guess would be your halls are not electrically connected (maybe disconnected 5V or GND) somewhere along the line whether internal to motor or in one of the crimps/interconnects.

They are reading 255 and one of them (on each motor) 200.

Can you post some picture of you setup, also do you use adapter between your motor and the Unity for your sensor?

I will. Yes I use adapter cables and first thing I will try is to use the original torqueboards adapters. At the moment I use these https://shop.elektro-skateboard.de/eigenbau-tuning/zubehoer/727/hall-sensor-adapterkabel-fuer-vesc?number=ESK8B10725

Its not my first board and I had no issues with 6374 motors and 2x vesc but these direct drive sensors in combination with the unity just wont work.

If you test with other motor on the unity, it could help us find out if the problem is from the drive or the unity.

Thank you Johnny! I will switch motor cables, then use different adapter cables and if nothing helps I will try the unity on the 6374 motors.

Just focus on the sensor wires. Chances are there is something amiss there. Those tiny 1.5mm pitch connectors that the adapters use can easily get damaged/be broken on arrival.

2 Likes